Combining Several Systems into One - ISO9001 + ISO14001 + OHSAS18001 (etc)

Z

zerodefect

There are several systems in many organizations, such as ISO 9001, ISO 14001,OHSAS18001,and RoHS system,ect.. You know there are a great deal of works needs to do for to maintaints these management system and to keep their registered certificates.Many managements and ISO professionals usual nags ISO, ISO ISO and ISO when they would meet the supervise audit again.
How to combine several systems into one or two systems with a good way or threads? I look forward your replies sincerely! Thanks!:mg::bigwave:

Last edited by a moderator:

wak125

Registered Visitor
This is emerging concept to integrate/combine different standards and surveys found that mostly major corporations are currently using between 4-6 types of management system to run their business.
While going to intergrate different systems, following major factors needs to keep under consideration
- How they link
- Whether they provide consistent or conflicting direction
- Whether one is more important than the others

An integrated management system (IMS) is a management system which integrates all components of a business into one coherent system so as to enable the achievement of its purpose and mission

IMHO, the ISO 9001:2000 provides a foundation, over which the other standards like ISO 14001:2004 and OHSAS 18001:2007 build the rest of the management system buildig. Moreover now all of the above standards are compatible and acknowledge each other.

Z

zerodefect

following major factors needs to keep under consideration
- How they link
- Whether they provide consistent or conflicting direction
- Whether one is more important than the others

IMHO, the ISO 9001:2000 provides a foundation....

Right! we must consider the consistent or deffirent requirements,and to consider whether one is more important than the others.
In my opinion,ISO 9001 is generally the most important one in organization, because it would brings benefits for organization. It is more easy that have got top management's supplies. however, the rest of the standards only responds goverment's requirements or statutory and regulartory requirements at great degrees.
In these International standars, there are these same factors: control documents, control of records, management review, training, internal audit, corrective and preventive actions,etc. PDCA is their the basic principle.
But it is a great project that to interate several system into one! Do you think so? Would you give me some ideas? Thanks!:bigwave::eek::)

Helmut Jilling

Auditor / Consultant
There are several systems in many organizations, such as ISO 9001, ISO 14001,OHSAS18001,and RoHS system,ect.. You know there are a great deal of works needs to do for to maintaints these management system and to keep their registered certificates.Many managements and ISO professionals usual nags ISO, ISO ISO and ISO when they would meet the supervise audit again.
How to combine several systems into one or two systems with a good way or threads? I look forward your replies sincerely! Thanks!:mg::bigwave:

Combining 18001 and 14001 is very straightforward. A read of the two documents shows they are almost identical in content.

Combining 14001/18001 with 9001 is fairly straightforward. I posted a white paper on the Cove here discussing similarities.

Z

zerodefect

Combining 18001 and 14001 is very straightforward. A read of the two documents shows they are almost identical in content.

Combining 14001/18001 with 9001 is fairly straightforward. I posted a white paper on the Cove here discussing similarities.

Right, but for some parts.
the reasons has the following:
1)organization's members hates and disputes innovations.how to do? We know that combining several system is not that to together several papes into a book,the innovation would changes the member's authority and responsibilities and benefits.
2) and so on...

Last edited by a moderator:
C

ChrissieO

Does anyone have an Internal Audit Checksheet for the integrated audit. We are looking to move this way in 2008 and I need to know what is the best way forward for my audit team.

ChrissieO

Stijloor

Leader
Super Moderator
Does anyone have an Internal Audit Checksheet for the integrated audit. We are looking to move this way in 2008 and I need to know what is the best way forward for my audit team.

ChrissieO

Hi Chrissie,

Welcome to The Cove Forums! :bigwave: :bigwave:

Here is a post + attachment that shows common requirements.
Not a check list per se, but perhaps a start.

Stijloor.

Helmut Jilling

Auditor / Consultant

ChrissieO

Any ISO 14001 checksheet can easily be adjusted to include 18001. ISO 9001 however, should not be audited to a "checklist" set of questions. It should be done to a process approach, based on your specific processes.

C

ChrissieO

Any ISO 14001 checksheet can easily be adjusted to include 18001. ISO 9001 however, should not be audited to a "checklist" set of questions. It should be done to a process approach, based on your specific processes.

I realise this and audits are based on specific processes and not a check list but I find with new auditors, especially with the new intergrated Management System we are introducing it is handy for them to have a check list for their own use to make sure certain elements are not overlooked.

Chrissie

Top Bottom