The Cove Business Standards Discussion Forums
Translating FDA Searches - Neonatal incubator weigh scales
Please read this thread...
Software update
Go Back   The Elsmar Cove Business Systems and Standards Discussion Forums > > >
Forum Username

Elsmar Cove Forum Visitor Notice(s)

Wooden Line

Monitor the Elsmar Forum
Courtesy Quick Links

Links Elsmar Cove visitors will find useful in the quest for knowledge and support:

Jennifer Kirley's
Conway Business Services

Howard's
International Quality Services

Marcelo Antunes'
SQR Consulting, and
Medical Devices Expert Forum

Bob Doering
Bob Doering's Blogs and,
Correct SPC - Precision Machining

Ajit Basrur
Claritas Consulting, LLC

International Standards Bodies - World Wide Standards Bodies

AIAG - Automotive Industry Action Group

ASQ - American Society for Quality

International Organization for Standardization - ISO Standards and Information

NIST's Engineering Statistics Handbook

IRCA - International Register of Certified Auditors

SAE - Society of Automotive Engineers

Quality Digest

IEST - Institute of Environmental Sciences and Technology

Some Related Topic Tags
fda (food and drug administration)

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Content Display Modes
  Post Number #1  
Old 9th August 2018, 11:40 AM
qu1nn

Total Posts: 39
Please Help! Translating FDA Searches - Neonatal incubator weigh scales

Hello,

I am doing some research on neonatal incubator weigh scales and I have some questions about the following image:

https://s22.postimg.cc/cz9mfmuq9/201..._question2.png

Am I correct in the way that I am interpreting what is coming up in the search?

Overall the product category appears to be a weigh scale (product code FRW, class 1 with NO 510(k) requirement),
but it is also a neonatal incubator (implied; product code FMZ, class 2, with a 510(k) requirement) ,since this feature is of a higher risk (being a class 2) the company would of had to submit 510(k) to the FDA and it was it was reviewed and found to be in compliance by the "general hospital" 510(k) panel.

Does anyone know if there is there a way to view the 510(k) reports that are shown on the FDA searches?

Thanks for your time
qu1nn

Sponsored Links
  Post Number #2  
Old 9th August 2018, 01:13 PM
mihzago

Total Posts: 199
Re: Translating FDA Searches - Neonatal incubator weigh scales

Go to FDA's 510(k) Premarket Notification database 510(k) Premarket Notification and search for the product code or a device name.
  Post Number #3  
Old 10th August 2018, 08:38 AM
qu1nn

Quote:
In Reply to Parent Post by mihzago View Post

Go to FDA's 510(k) Premarket Notification database 510(k) Premarket Notification and search for the product code or a device name.
thanks mihzago,

I have already posted the output of that search in my original image link (its the bottom picture); I was hoping to find out in depth details and whether or not you can actually get the report. seems as if the output is only a summary. there are no more links provided.

thanks for your time
qu1nn
  Post Number #4  
Old 10th August 2018, 09:03 AM
Al Rosen

Total Posts: 3,679

Quote:
In Reply to Parent Post by qu1nn View Post

thanks mihzago,

I have already posted the output of that search in my original image link (its the bottom picture); I was hoping to find out in depth details and whether or not you can actually get the report. seems as if the output is only a summary. there are no more links provided.

thanks for your time
qu1nn
You will need to make an FOIA request to the FDA for more than the summary. Receiving the information will take quite some time, since the 510(k) holder is notified and supplies a redacted copy removing proprietary information and trade secrets. Some of the 510kk that have already been redacted can be found here CDRH FOIA Electronic Reading Room

Last edited by Al Rosen; 10th August 2018 at 09:16 AM.
  Post Number #5  
Old 10th August 2018, 09:41 AM
qu1nn

Quote:
In Reply to Parent Post by Al Rosen View Post

You will need to make an FOIA request to the FDA for more than the summary. Receiving the information will take quite some time, since the 510(k) holder is notified and supplies a redacted copy removing proprietary information and trade secrets. Some of the 510kk that have already been redacted can be found here CDRH FOIA Electronic Reading Room
Al,

Thanks for the additional information.

Am I off base on my original assessment of what was posted in the image regarding the product? ( ie being both a FRW and a FMZ product code, thus having the requirement for 510(K)....

Thanks for your input
qu1nn
  Post Number #6  
Old 10th August 2018, 01:24 PM
Al Rosen

Total Posts: 3,679

Quote:
In Reply to Parent Post by qu1nn View Post

Al,

Thanks for the additional information.

Am I off base on my original assessment of what was posted in the image regarding the product? ( ie being both a FRW and a FMZ product code, thus having the requirement for 510(K)....

Thanks for your input
qu1nn
I think your assessment is correct.

Lower Navigation Bar
Go Back   The Elsmar Cove Business Systems and Standards Discussion Forums > > >