Top Management Change Prior to Certification
Go Back   The Elsmar Cove Business Systems and Standards Discussion Forums > >
Forum Username

Elsmar Cove Forum Visitor Notice(s)

Wooden Line

Top Management Change Prior to Certification - Page 2

Monitor the Elsmar Forum
Courtesy Quick Links

Links Elsmar Cove visitors will find useful in the quest for knowledge and support:

Jennifer Kirley's
Conway Business Services

Howard's
International Quality Services

Marcelo Antunes'
SQR Consulting, and
Medical Devices Expert Forum

Bob Doering
Bob Doering's Blogs and,
Correct SPC - Precision Machining

Ajit Basrur
Claritas Consulting, LLC

International Standards Bodies - World Wide Standards Bodies

AIAG - Automotive Industry Action Group

ASQ - American Society for Quality

International Organization for Standardization - ISO Standards and Information

NIST's Engineering Statistics Handbook

IRCA - International Register of Certified Auditors

SAE - Society of Automotive Engineers

Quality Digest

IEST - Institute of Environmental Sciences and Technology

Some Related Topic Tags
top management

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Content Display Modes
  Post Number #9  
Old 17th May 2018, 09:51 AM
JoshuaFroud

Total Posts: 20
Re: Top Management Change Prior to Certification

I echo, to a degree those above me. The requirements of the standard state that Top Management must be aware of and support the QMS. It does not state they much be "elbows deep" in it.

If you bring this person up to speed with where you are with the implementation and they continue to let you do what needs to be done and provide support where required. They are fulfilling their obligations.

My company went through the transition this month and the main assessment used for Top Management involvement was looking at Management Review related information and minutes, in addition to how they were resourcing the QMS.

Good luck, it will not be as bad as you expect.

Sponsored Links
  Post Number #10  
Old 7th August 2018, 10:28 AM
QC Dave

Total Posts: 15

Quote:
In Reply to Parent Post by John Broomfield View Post

QCDave,

Of course your organization’s management system will show that your boss was brought up to speed on the system and what it required of her or him.

Schedule a management review of the performance of the system in terms of:

A. What it does well
B. What it does less than well
C. What actions are being taken about B above

Your colleagues may expect the new boss to show commitment to the system for delivering assurance of quality and all the necessary improvements. So knowing their A,B, and C is important.

Do not distract the new boss from the system by delving into ISO 9001:2015.

Please let us know how well you do,

John
Well, we did pretty good in this audit. Our new C.O.O. did GREAT! It turns out that he was around when we were first certified to ISO 9001:2008 and he retained most of it.

We came out of the audit with only 3 minor non-conformances, which were easy to take care of. Our auditor was very understanding and helpful. Considering the fact that I've only been a QC Manager for less than a year and a half, I'm pretty pleased. I am grateful for everything I have learned on this forum.

Thank you all VERY much!

Respectfully,

QC Dave
Thank You to QC Dave for your informative Post and/or Attachment!
  Post Number #11  
Old 7th August 2018, 03:37 PM
dsanabria

Total Posts: 1,358

Quote:
In Reply to Parent Post by QC Dave View Post

Greetings.

I have been getting us ready to go from ISO 9001:2008 to ISO 9001:2015 this coming July (I know.... we're cutting it close). However, our top management person (who is also my boss) just suddenly left the company without notice. He had a good appreciation for and was becoming more and more involved with ISO 9001.

QUESTION. How do I get his replacement both educated and involved enough with ISO in order to pass and grow from this ISO certification, all while I continue to get us ready for the audit? He will have his hands full taking over and picking up the pieces from this situation as it is I know. Thus his time will be limited, no matter how important this is.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Respectfully,

QC Dave
Quality Control Manager
Always remember that good professional season auditor looks at your processes - not people so focus on processes, risk of that processes, how is that process determined if it is an effective process and you should be fine.

Note: there could be minor NCR for not not dotting the I, T and J but those are quick fixes.
Thanks to dsanabria for your informative Post and/or Attachment!
  Post Number #12  
Old 10th August 2018, 01:11 PM
AndyN

Total Posts: 9,029
Laughing Re: Top Management Change Prior to Certification

Quote:
In Reply to Parent Post by dsanabria View Post

Note: there could be minor NCR for not not dotting the I, T and J but those are quick fixes.
Huh?
  Post Number #13  
Old 11th August 2018, 10:57 AM
qcman

Total Posts: 181

I can truly relate to what you went through as I went through a very similar situation 2 weeks ago. I started the audit out by telling the auditor just what occurred and that with a little understanding when she gets the deer in the headlights look we will get through this. I believe that it set the tone for the rest of the audit. As someone previously said the system should do the talking but you deserve a big
Thanks to qcman for your informative Post and/or Attachment!

Lower Navigation Bar
Go Back   The Elsmar Cove Business Systems and Standards Discussion Forums > >