IATF 16949 Clause 8.6.2 - Layout Inspection and Functional Testing

bpillar

Starting to get Involved
:bigwave:

Dear All,
I'm trying to better understand such requisite, in order to know if "functional testing" means complete re-qualification of product, including durability test.
Has someone have more detailed info on such requirements? :bonk:

Thank you for your help.

Sandro

al40

Quite Involved in Discussions
Hi Bpillar,
Not sure if I fully understand your question but functional testing per section 8.6.2 states you shall perform functional testing to agreed upon standards per you and your customer as stated in their engineering material, performance standards, and what you have stated in your control plans.

Functional testing is validating that the product does what it is intended to do during your design and development phase.

I hope this helps,

Al40

bpillar

Starting to get Involved
:bigwave:
Thank you Al40 for your reply. :thanx:

So, (sorry for my stupidity....:confused:), if I understood correctly, about "functional testing" I've to take into account all the functional tests required to perform product validation (or qualification), if no any specific agreement with customer exist, isn't it?

Thank you.
Bpillar

April H

Registered
Would this clause be applicable to a bulk material supplier? Ex. paint. My thoughts is this is for parts for a dimensional verification and layout.

AMIT BALLAL

Super Moderator
No. Layout inspection is done of a final product, where all parameters as specified in the drawing are verified. Whereas product audit requires an audit of the product (inspection) at production stages to delivery (can include packaging, labeling stages, etc.) In a product audit, important parameters are generally inspected.

sharonmynhardt

Starting to get Involved
No. Layout inspection is done of a final product, where all parameters as specified in the drawing are verified. Whereas product audit requires an audit of the product (inspection) at production stages to delivery (can include packaging, labeling stages, etc.) In a product audit, important parameters are generally inspected.

Thanks a million for your help. I really appreciate it. Have you by any chance got a layout and a product audit report example for me?

AMIT BALLAL

Super Moderator
Layout inspection will include all parameters as specified in the drawing (Including notes).
Product audit will specify stages audited and parameters inspected at those stages.
Can't share examples being confidential, but sharing formats for your reference and use.

Attachments

• Product audit format.xlsx
    31.4 KB · Views: 1,370
  • Layout inspection report.xlsx
    14.5 KB · Views: 1,149

sharonmynhardt

Starting to get Involved
Layout inspection will include all parameters as specified in the drawing (Including notes).
Product audit will specify stages audited and parameters inspected at those stages.
Can't share examples being confidential, but sharing formats for your reference and use.

Thank you. I owe you big time for your mentoring. Much Appreciated. Sharon

minrah

Involved In Discussions
Hello All,

Is Layout inspection needed to be carried out for components received from suppliers and assembled in our product.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Top Bottom