Injection Molding Metrics or Key Performance Indicators

P

partes

Greetings,

First time posting at the Cove... Not sure if there are many injection molders using this forum, but we wanted to ask what are the different Key Performance Indicators or Metrics you use dealing specifically with injection molding and/or as an injection molding business.

These could include metrics in Injection Molding production, maintenance (machine or molds), quality Assurance, etc.

Please include your favorites, or the ones you feel give you the most revelant information on your operations and for managerial decisions.

Thank you :thanx:

M

Morcs74

OEE, TEEP, PPM, DPMO, Process Sigma, are constantly monitored.

Floor space Utilisation, Sales value per head etc.. are used to show improvements in Kaizen exercises.

S

sal881vw

Hello partes,
I am certain that if you scroll down to "Similar Threads" below, there is already a enough KPIs to use. I'll list a few that we use,
  • Sales volume
  • Customer complaints
  • Unit costings
  • Output rate
  • Materiel consumption
  • Delivery deadlines
  • Energy consumption ( water & electricity )

Last edited:
M

mshell

Specific Injection Molding issues that we track are:

Reject %
Reject by Item
Reject by Reason
Total Manufactured

I

IEGeek - 2006

Here is what we use.

Get out your magnifying glass. Tried to make it fit on as few pages as possible.

Let me know if this helps you

Attachments

• Utilization Tracker 1204.pdf
    64.1 KB · Views: 1,530
R

rangotango

key inducators

Cost of scrap as a % of goods turnover is always a good one
% on time deliveries
you probably are already monitoring some sort of metric if you have been running for at least a year

howste

Thaumaturge
Trusted Information Resource
I just found a list of key indicators from an injection molding company I worked with a year or two ago (in no particular order):

Cost of poor quality
Customer satisfaction (based on a scored survey)
Gross profit
Net profit
Labor as a % of sales
On-time delivery %
Operator efficiency
Individual product line sales
Overall sales
Scrap %
Number of RMA's
Number of customers
Customer retention
Quote to order ratio
Annual sales growth
Material as a % of sales
Lost time hours from injury
Inventory turns
Machine utilization

Some of these are top-level metrics, while others are really subsets of the top-level ones. This was their first try at a comprehensive set of metrics, and they may have adjusted them somewhat since then.

Howard Atkins

Forum Administrator
Leader
Admin
partes said:
Greetings,

First time posting at the Cove... Not sure if there are many injection molders using this forum, but we wanted to ask what are the different Key Performance Indicators or Metrics you use dealing specifically with injection molding and/or as an injection molding business.

These could include metrics in Injection Molding production, maintenance (machine or molds), quality Assurance, etc.

Please include your favorites, or the ones you feel give you the most revelant information on your operations and for managerial decisions.

Thank you :thanx:

In general the metrics are the same for all production process.

In addition to howste's list one very usefull measure in IM (Injection Molding) is set up time. Another is the amount of lost resin in your process. The difference between how much comes in and how much is converted to parts in the store. This can be difficult if you have a lot of common materials, thoose that go to more than one mold, try tracking a resin that has only one use and see the results, I did this a few times and had remarkable results.

S

sal881vw

Is this a duplicate thread

Hello all,
There is another thread answering to the same question the thread ID is t=11097. Maybe it would be ideal if the two are merged.

Last edited:
Top Bottom