NCR (Nonconformance Report System) Home Made Database or Software Recommendation

wreeves

Registered
Can anyone help me with finding a good NCR software product? I work in a machine shop enviroment and we currently are using a home made Excel type software to issue NCR's. I need an easy to use professional NCR type software that will be able to process the NCR data into graphs and a COQ type monthly report. I am looking for something that is easy to track down open NCR's and issue out reports that can cross reference each NCR by Dept. , Customer,part #, rejection code(burrs,dimensional ect), operator, machine ect. so if I wanted to find out how many rejections a particular operator had ect I could do this. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Will

wreeves

Registered
NCR (Nonconformance Report System) homemade Database or software recommendation

Can anyone help me with finding a good NCR homemade database or suggest a software product out there? I work in a machine shop enviroment and we currently are using a home made Excel type software to issue NCR's. I need an easy to use professional NCR type software that will be able to process the NCR data into graphs and a COQ type monthly report. I am looking for something that is easy to track down open NCR's and issue out reports that can cross reference each NCR by Dept. , Customer,part #, rejection code(burrs,dimensional ect), operator, machine ect. so if I wanted to find out how many rejections a particular operator had ect I could do this. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Will

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
Re: Choosing NCR (Nonconformance) Database software

Do you have Microsoft Access? You can make a basic form in that, but I'm not sure about reporting aspects because I haven't used Access in over 8 years, but it sounds like you need a commercial solution.

Any takers on this one?

errhine

Involved - Posts
Re: NCR (Nonconformance Report System) homemade Database or software recommendation

Right now I am in the middle of developing a NCR database using Filemaker Pro. I used it in designing a Calibration program and others in the company have used it in an operations management overview type tool.

I believe that it is a very versatile and intuitive program to use. If you have ever used access and wanted something easier... this is it. :agree1:

P

paulbrowning

Re: NCR (Nonconformance Report System) homemade Database or software recommendation

Do you use a Microsoft server? If so, you may find SharePoint a free or cheap solution.

KIDDO

Involved In Discussions
We use Q-Pulse software for recording N/C's; whether it's a customer complaint or Supplier issue, throughout our manufacturing plants. We've been using it for a while and people like it as well as our auditors. You can customize reports too. You can search the web for more information.

Good luck,
Kiddo:bigwave:

Daman

Registered
Re: Choosing NCR (Nonconformance) Database software

Do you have Microsoft Access? You can make a basic form in that, but I'm not sure about reporting aspects because I haven't used Access in over 8 years, but it sounds like you need a commercial solution.

Any takers on this one?
MS Access is a good tool for NCR, I put one in place with the help of a knowledgeable inspector. It cut thru the mustard quickly and helped our machine shop become iso needless to say it made more than a few standout.

Top Bottom