Which Department or Process is Responsible for Leading the PPAP Process?

K

Krink

In most organizations, what department or process is responsible for organizing the team and scheduling the meetings for completing a PPAP. We are a manufacturing house so we are seldom required to perform design FMEA’s. Etc…Quality Manager, Purchasing Management, Manufacturing Supervisor?

S

Sturmkind

Re: Ppap lead

Hi, Krink! I used to live in Rockford, BTW.

Ultimately, the Program Manger is responsible but in most Tier I there is an APQP Engineering function that is responsible for pulling the actual PPAP documents together for review, coordination, organization, and ultimate submission to the customer at all phases from Pre-production through final full PPAP and hand-off to plant Quality for Production. The hand-off process generally lasts from 1-6 months depending on launch success, product complexity, and late introduced changes.

Best of luck!

qusys

Trusted Information Resource
Re: Ppap lead

Hi, Krink! I used to live in Rockford, BTW.

Ultimately, the Program Manger is responsible but in most Tier I there is an APQP Engineering function that is responsible for pulling the actual PPAP documents together for review, coordination, organization, and ultimate submission to the customer at all phases from Pre-production through final full PPAP and hand-off to plant Quality for Production. The hand-off process generally lasts from 1-6 months depending on launch success, product complexity, and late introduced changes.

Best of luck!

Sturmkind has provided a good response.
I think it also depends on the largeness of a company.
In a small company we could do this in multidisciplinary approach involving several functions, such as QUality, Product engineering, Techonology development, Purchasing , Production and managing as a project.
Customer representative shall be involved too.:bigwave:

A

asjahmed

In my experience as Quality Manager for over ten years at Tier 1 automotive suppliers, it has been the quality department's responsibility to collate or prepare all the documents required, compile the package, submit it to the customer's supplier quality contact, and see it through to final approval. Program/process engineering or production folks get called in as necessary, but the quality engineer, and often the quality manager, babysits the entire process.

Top Bottom