>
> I am working in a lumber company as Quality Control in
> XXXXXXX, Canada. Our company is currently preparing for
> ISO9000. However, we still have some concerns with regards
> to calibration. I want to know where and how could I get a
> copy of the international or national measurement
> standards.
>
> I am looking forward for your response.
>
> Thank you very much.

I have the standards from:

The National Conference of Standards Laboratories
1800 30th Street, Suite 305B
Bolder Colorado 80301
Tele: 303 440-3339

Anyone have any other info that might help?

gpainter

Quite Involved in Discussions
Go to www.ili-info.com or call 1-888-454-2688. They carry just about any standard you can think of and can get copies of obsolete ones,if needed. They should be able to help.

D

D.Scott

I am not sure exactly what you are looking for but if you are looking for information on Calibration Labs, you might look at ISO/IEC 17025 and/or ANSI/NCSL Z540. These deal with the structure of a calibration lab.

There is also (not a standard) the AIAG manual "Measurement Systems Analysis" which is very helpful on gage R&R and overall system assessment.

Hope this at least gets you started.

Dave

Jerry Eldred

Forum Moderator
Super Moderator
If this is for a completely internal lab, under an ISO9000 company quality system, you may only need to go as far as ISO-10012. I just read a post on the Greg Gogates email listserv yesterday comparing ISO17025 (and its equivalents) with ISO-10012.

The other item is that the company is in Canada. I'm not versed in their national standards. Is there a Canadian standard under which Calibration Labs operate? They have a website which I don't have at the tip of my tongue at the moment. I need to head out the door and only have a minute. If no one posts the Canadian standards website, I'll try to find it later today.

Top Bottom