The Cove Business Standards Discussion Forums
EU MDR and PSUR (Periodic Safety Update Report)
Please read this thread...
Software update
EU MDR and PSUR (Periodic Safety Update Report)
Go Back   The Elsmar Cove Business Systems and Standards Discussion Forums > > >
Forum Username

Elsmar Cove Forum Visitor Notice(s)

Wooden Line

EU MDR and PSUR (Periodic Safety Update Report) - Page 2

Monitor the Elsmar Forum
Courtesy Quick Links

Links Elsmar Cove visitors will find useful in the quest for knowledge and support:

Jennifer Kirley's
Conway Business Services

Howard's
International Quality Services

Marcelo Antunes'
SQR Consulting, and
Medical Devices Expert Forum

Bob Doering
Bob Doering's Blogs and,
Correct SPC - Precision Machining

Ajit Basrur
Claritas Consulting, LLC

International Standards Bodies - World Wide Standards Bodies

AIAG - Automotive Industry Action Group

ASQ - American Society for Quality

International Organization for Standardization - ISO Standards and Information

NIST's Engineering Statistics Handbook

IRCA - International Register of Certified Auditors

SAE - Society of Automotive Engineers

Quality Digest

IEST - Institute of Environmental Sciences and Technology

Some Related Topic Tags
mdr (medical device regulations), psur (periodic safety update report)

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Content Display Modes
  Post Number #9  
Old 18th July 2018, 01:41 PM
GLM12345

Total Posts: 1
Re: EU MDR and PSUR (Periodic Safety Update Report)

There is a template for the PSUR, which is nice because takes the guessing out of how this this thing should look. I cannot figure out how to post a thread here, need to figure that out. My question is given the scope of the new EU MDR, why would a PMS PLan be required for a device that is not even sold/marketed in the Union? EU is concerned about devices in their jurisdiction, versus a China only product, what good is a PM PLan for that if its not even distributed in EU?

Sponsored Links
  Post Number #10  
Old 19th July 2018, 09:41 AM
14cross

Total Posts: 2

Can you provide a link to this template you reference? I have searched and only find templates for drugs, not medical devices.
  Post Number #11  
Old 19th July 2018, 10:07 AM
Wolf.K

Total Posts: 72

Probably first EUDAMED will go online before we can upload PSURs. Therefore, I think currently we still do not need PSURs.
  Post Number #12  
Old 9th August 2018, 08:26 AM
Berni

Total Posts: 2

Quote:
In Reply to Parent Post by GLM12345 View Post

There is a template for the PSUR, which is nice because takes the guessing out of how this this thing should look. I cannot figure out how to post a thread here, need to figure that out. My question is given the scope of the new EU MDR, why would a PMS PLan be required for a device that is not even sold/marketed in the Union? EU is concerned about devices in their jurisdiction, versus a China only product, what good is a PM PLan for that if its not even distributed in EU?

I hope you can share it. I'm preparing the plan for MDR transition and PSUR is totally unknown for me.
  Post Number #13  
Old 9th August 2018, 09:35 AM
FoGia

Total Posts: 44

Quote:
In Reply to Parent Post by Berni View Post

I hope you can share it. I'm preparing the plan for MDR transition and PSUR is totally unknown for me.

There is no template currently for PSUR in the frame of the MDR. I guess you are referring to the guideline from the European Medicines Agency (which is not applicable to medical devices): http://www.ema.europa.eu/docs/en_GB/...C500142468.pdf
  Post Number #14  
Old 9th August 2018, 09:48 AM
FoGia

Total Posts: 44

Quote:
In Reply to Parent Post by Wolf.K View Post

Probably first EUDAMED will go online before we can upload PSURs. Therefore, I think currently we still do not need PSURs.

From what I've heard PSURs will need to be submitted - even via e-mail if it needs to be - even if Eudamed will not be ready, and they will be required to be on file as from November 2020 (for all devices).

Lower Navigation Bar
Go Back   The Elsmar Cove Business Systems and Standards Discussion Forums > > >