Suppliers: "Design Responsible", "Manufacturing" and "Service Suppliers"

Z

zh_maggie

in APQP, It mentions 3 types of suppliers: "Design Responsible", "Manufacturing" and "Service Suppliers", would simple Assembly belong to manufacturing? any definition on these, I don't have "Chrysler, Ford and General Motors Quality System Requirements"book for now, don't know if any information in there.
Thank you,

Jim Wynne

Leader
Admin
zh_maggie said:
in APQP, It mentions 3 types of suppliers: "Design Responsible", "Manufacturing" and "Service Suppliers", would simple Assembly belong to manufacturing? any definition on these, I don't have "Chrysler, Ford and General Motors Quality System Requirements"book for now, don't know if any information in there.
Thank you,
Hi, Maggie, welcome to the Cove:cool:. It's possible that assembly could fall under either manufacturing or service. Give us some more information and we can provide a better answer.

Z

zh_maggie

our assembly is just insert a rubber hose on a metal tube, then use peumatic tools put 2 clamps on that rubber hose to tighten.
Thanks.

Jim Wynne

Leader
Admin
zh_maggie said:
our assembly is just insert a rubber hose on a metal tube, then use peumatic tools put 2 clamps on that rubber hose to tighten.
Thanks.
It would also help if we knew why you're asking--what problem are you trying to solve? "Service" in this context, exists when you take someone else's material and somehow add value to it. For example, If I have a bunch of hoses, tubes and clamps and need for them to be assembled, I might contract with you to provide that service. On the other hand, if I go into business creating the hose-tube-clamp assemblies from materials that I've purchased, and then sell them on the open market, I'm manufacturing. Furthermore, If I design those assemblies, then I am a design-responsible manufacturer.

Top Bottom