Distributing CSR (Customer Specific Requirements) to Suppliers

E

emmasj

Hi,

I wonder if anyone can help??

Our SQA department is fairly new & we are being audited by BVQI in August. Last audit they picked up on the lask of the CSR being distributed internally within the company (dealt with now) & externally to our suppliers.
I have only just learnt of this NC & have been requested to draft a letter to all suppliers & disrtibute the CSR to them & get a 'receiving & understood' signature back from them!

The question is - does anyone have an example of a letter that I can look at to speed up this job??
I am on holiday from next week & as usual have just been told this needs doing before the auditor arrives!!!! :mg:

I've done a search on the forum & can't find an example. Any help would be appreciated.

thanks

Emma

Stijloor

Leader
Super Moderator
Re: Distributing CSR to Suppliers

Hi,

I wonder if anyone can help??

Our SQA department is fairly new & we are being audited by BVQI in August. Last audit they picked up on the lask of the CSR being distributed internally within the company (dealt with now) & externally to our suppliers.
I have only just learnt of this NC & have been requested to draft a letter to all suppliers & disrtibute the CSR to them & get a 'receiving & understood' signature back from them!

The question is - does anyone have an example of a letter that I can look at to speed up this job??
I am on holiday from next week & as usual have just been told this needs doing before the auditor arrives!!!! :mg:

I've done a search on the forum & can't find an example. Any help would be appreciated.

thanks

Emma

Emma,

Can you tell me where it is stated that you must verify with your supplier that they have received, read, and understood Customer Specific Requirements (CSR's) and have a record that this has taken place?

Are you referring to a specific company procedure?

Can you clarify?

Thanks.

Stijloor.

E

emmasj

Hi,

Thanks for your quick reply!

We are a manufacturer & trading company that supplies fasteners to Ford, Nissan, Saab, Scania, Volvo & many others.
We have all their customer specific requirements & my boss wants us to distribute these to our suppliers. Originally he wanted only the relevant CSR to be disrtibuted to the relevant supplier. This is a no no for me as we have a lot of suppliers manufacturing many different parts that go to the different customers. It'd take me ages running through our part list etc!

Correct me if I'm wrong but I know in TS it doesn't actually state that the CSR's need distributing to suppliers - the only section i can see that relates to CSR's is

Clause 7.2.1.1 Customer designated special characteristics

the organisation shall demonstrate conformity to customer requirements for designantion, documentation & control of special characteristics.

My idea to make things easier to control would be to have all the CSR's on our web page & notify our suppliers that this is where they are & to make themselves familiar with them??

Emma

Stijloor

Leader
Super Moderator

<snip>My idea to make things easier to control would be to have all the CSR's on our web page & notify our suppliers that this is where they are & to make themselves familiar with them??

Emma,

That could work. You could include a note in your Purchase Order stating that:

"The applicable Customer Specific Requirements (CSR's) are posted on our web site."

Stijloor.

E

emmasj

:thanx:

It makes things a little clearer to run ideas & things by other people! :)

I am now going to put the idea forward to my boss & argue the point!

Emma

Jim Wynne

Leader
Admin

Emma,

That could work. You could include a note in your Purchase Order stating that:

"The applicable Customer Specific Requirements (CSR's) are posted on our web site."

Stijloor.

This raises a good point: unless CSRs were understood and agreed to at the time contracts/purchase orders were accepted by suppliers, you could be opening a can of worms at this point. You can't impose new requirements without expecting your suppliers to ask to be compensated for extra work. And if these are not new (to your suppliers) requirements, then the auditor's finding is wrong.

Top Bottom