Issuing Countermeasure Report - Does every nonconformance identified require an NCR?

A

Angelito Martinez

Subject: Issuing Countermeasure Report
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2001 11:16:31 +0800

To all concerned:

We are a Manufacturing Firm newly established at Lipa City Batangas, Philippines.At present I am handling the Incoming Inspection Section and the Supplier group Section. What do I want to ask for an opinion is that, Is all non-conformity and defect found in line process or in Incoming Inspection should have their corresponhding abnormality report or couintermeasure report eventhough the severity of the deect is quite not critical to the product?

I would much appreciate if you have reply on this matter.

Thank you.

Lito Martinez
Incoming QA Section Head

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
I'm not sure what an 'abnormality report' is but I assume it's just a report saying a nonconformance was identified. A countermeasure report is, I am assuming, a corrective action report.

When you identify a nonconformance you are supposed to identify it and record it, but someone or a group has to determine whether that nonconformance 'requires' a corrective action. Typically a corrective action is not required for every identified nonconformance - you could end up doing little but working on corrective action reports.

A

Al Dyer

Are there FMEA's in place?

Even if a nonconformance report is or is not issued, I believe that a good practice would be to update the FMEA and corresponding recommended action.

ASD...

------------------
Al Dyer
Mngt. Rep.

Top Bottom