FAA Part 145 Vs. AS9110A Comparison and Differences Matrix

R

RSMoffitt

Hello all, I am new to this forum but have seen a ton of great knowledge and information thus far. I have a question of sorts.
I work for an FAA Repair Station (located in the US) and am currently looking at AS9110A Certification. Has anyone done a matrix that compares the two that I may be able to look at? I am trying to determine the differences and if it would be more beneficial to maintain 2 seperate manuals or combine the AS9110A into my current 145 RSM/QSM.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Leader
Admin
Re: FAA Part 145 Vs. AS9110A Matrix

I am trying to determine the differences and if it would be more beneficial to maintain 2 seperate manuals or combine the AS9110A into my current 145 RSM/QSM.
Welcome to The Cove. I am in the AS9110 rewrite team. Be aware that we should have AS9110B before too long. The good news are that whatever work you've done towards AS9110A will be good for the AS9110B.

As for your question above, I would say unequivocally have ONE manual that describes how your business processes satisfy the REGULATORY (Part 145) and voluntary (AS9110) requirements. You ALWAYS will run a risk of an FAA/EASA inspector not liking a manual that does mirror the the regulations, but after working in this business for a long time, I can tell you in no uncertain terms: successful organizations are the ones that find savvy ways to embed regulatory, quality, health, safety, etc. requirements into their business processes. Repair stations must distribute the responsibility for quality and regulatory compliance throughout the whole organization. Only then, you have a sustainable and cost effective QMS.

R

RSMoffitt

Sidney,
thanks for the reply, I too believe it more benificial to combine into one manual, is there a matrix or cross reference that has been put out there that will line up the FAA Regulations and the similar references in the 9110 Standard? I have seen a couple in my search of the forums that corrolate the 9110 to other regulatory bodies but could not locate anything on the FAA 145 cross reference (unless, of course, I was searching for the wrong key words).

How soon could I reasonably expect 9110B? I have not started the transition to 9110A, just starting to read through it and saw the similarities to the current FAR 145 and came here hoping to find a cross reference.

I have experience in maintaining our Quality manuals and implementation and such, however, I am lacking in the area of actually putting them together and integrating new standards/regs into manuals already in place (if that makes sense..lol)

Thanks again for all of your insight, Please know it is much appreciated.

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Leader
Admin

How soon could I reasonably expect 9110B?
Due to the asymmetry of the balloting process for each sector under the IAQG, namely the AAQG, the EAQG and the APAQG, we could expect AS9110B released around the end of 2011. Maybe a little earlier.

A

airman269

RSmoffit,
I too have the same situation, I need to perform a gap analysis on iso9000/as9110a from FAR-145. I can't find a matrix for this. Did you have any success in your search? I need to do this very quickly due to contract awards on hold. Any advise from the Covers is appreciated!

M

mc1728

I ditto airman269's comments as I too am about to embark on a journey toward AS9110 certification. I'll keep researching and reading these posts, many thanks to all as I have been a member and now would like to contribute.

F

fzu_wangyun

Welcome to The Cove. I am in the AS9110 rewrite team. Be aware that we should have AS9110B before too long. The good news are that whatever work you've done towards AS9110A will be good for the AS9110B.

As for your question above, I would say unequivocally have ONE manual that describes how your business processes satisfy the REGULATORY (Part 145) and voluntary (AS9110) requirements. You ALWAYS will run a risk of an FAA/EASA inspector not liking a manual that does mirror the the regulations, but after working in this business for a long time, I can tell you in no uncertain terms: successful organizations are the ones that find savvy ways to embed regulatory, quality, health, safety, etc. requirements into their business processes. Repair stations must distribute the responsibility for quality and regulatory compliance throughout the whole organization. Only then, you have a sustainable and cost effective QMS.

Hi, I am a new guy. And our repairstation hold FAA and AS9100 certificates. I think the manual and quality procedure should be separated will be better. Because any change about the manual and quality procedure shall be notice the FAA. It will be effect the issue of procedure. so we hold two quality system. It just my personal point. :D

Top Bottom