How much does an eQMS (Electronic/Software QMS) cost?

I

Ikrion

Has anyone gone through a full purchase of an eQMS recently? I did one many years ago (all modules you would expect like Documents, Training, CAPA, NCMR, etc.) and just got some recent quotes at a new company and almost fell off my chair.

What is this running now for large companies for vendors? Are we still doing floating licenses for Full and Read-Only users, or is everyone moving to the subscription model? Any ballparks people can share?

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

RoxaneB

Change Agent and Data Storyteller
Super Moderator
Has anyone gone through a full purchase of an eQMS recently? I did one many years ago (all modules you would expect like Documents, Training, CAPA, NCMR, etc.) and just got some recent quotes at a new company and almost fell off my chair.

What is this running now for large companies for vendors? Are we still doing floating licenses for Full and Read-Only users, or is everyone moving to the subscription model? Any ballparks people can share?

Thanks!

The quote will vary. There are too many variables out there for us to really provide a ball park. Yes, we could say what we pay for our own organizations, but unless you understand the context, the $$$ indicated probably would provide little help.

Variables to consider include, but aren't limited to:

• # of modules being purchased
  • # of users - read-only, authors, reviewers, approvers
  • # of licenses
  • # of locations
  • Location - cloud, server, other
  • Modifications - cost to make, cost to carry over with each upgrade
  • Cut-over support - time, money, support
  • Online support
  • Training

Now, some might think that the cost is too much and the organization would be better off with a manual system (e.g., Word, internal wiki, etc.), but there is the cost to manually maintain such a system and track documents, functionality that would be built in to an electronic system.

Top Bottom