ISO 9001 Standard: Useful to Certify a Soccer Club? Examples...

qusys

Trusted Information Resource
Hi to the Cove,
I am very interesting how ISO 9001 can work to certify the QMS of a soccer club.
I know that there are some soccer clubs certified vs ISO 9001 all over the world.
I would be greatly interested if there are available the related Quality Manuals and example of 6 document procedures to manage this particular QMS.
Do you have some feedback, news and all that can of help for this?
What do you think about this? Could be a potential new business to be applied to soccer world and in general to sports clubs, like basket, baseball, rugby, and so?
Thanks for your cooperation as well.

qusys

Thks for post, Harry.
I read it.
it would be appreciated some examples of Quality manual and procedurea as well as related process mapping , if any.

Besides, if there are some real examples with link and so on.
Good if we could discuss pro's and con's here and if the operation of Certified Iso 9001 soccer club is a value added on not...
free toughts

P

prototyper

Customer satisfaction could be difficult, unless your team is top of the league!

qusys

Good observation, prototyper...
I am very glad to have responded.
It depends as you see your Customer. Certainly the fans are the kings, nut we can only consider the shareholders ( lot of soccer clubs are on the market with shares). If a club sell some youngster players that have been valued, this increare the cash value of the club, even the spot in the table was medium at the end of the season...
Probably this is a question of quality objectives setting , management responsibility and communication process.
I think this is important expecially in a period of down turn where many soccer clubs are suffering and facing economical issues, as you know.

If you have examples and interesting links on QM, pls let us know.

Customer satisfaction could be difficult, unless your team is top of the league!

AndyN

Moved On
Hi to the Cove,
I am very interesting how ISO 9001 can work to certify the QMS of a soccer club.
I know that there are some soccer clubs certified vs ISO 9001 all over the world.
I would be greatly interested if there are available the related Quality Manuals and example of 6 document procedures to manage this particular QMS.
Do you have some feedback, news and all that can of help for this?
What do you think about this? Could be a potential new business to be applied to soccer world and in general to sports clubs, like basket, baseball, rugby, and so?
Thanks for your cooperation as well.

Why would anyone? What are the benefits? I rather doubt a spectator would go to see a game played by an 'ISO' football team, over any other.

qusys

Thks AndyN.
I think it could be a service, a sort of entertainment service, where the fans could have also other benefits.
For example, go to stadium not only to see the soccer match but also to dine inside the stadium if there is the service, buy something of their own team in case of well done merchandising, have opportunity to socialized pre/post the match, in a reserved rooms and so on.
Besides, to have facilitation is following the team on the road with specific cards, good also to accumulate points to be translated then in discount to buy goods in linked shop and so on.
I undestand that the focus could be on the "quality" of the match, but I also think to all services at the boundary to better satisfy the potential customer, his/her friend and family, in order to revenue to be invested again to improve teams, services, processes an so on.

Why would anyone? What are the benefits? I rather doubt a spectator would go to see a game played by an 'ISO' football team, over any other.

AndyN

Moved On
Thks AndyN.
I think it could be a service, a sort of entertainment service, where the fans could have also other benefits.
For example, go to stadium not only to see the soccer match but also to dine inside the stadium if there is the service, buy something of their own team in case of well done merchandising, have opportunity to socialized pre/post the match, in a reserved rooms and so on.
Besides, to have facilitation is following the team on the road with specific cards, good also to accumulate points to be translated then in discount to buy goods in linked shop and so on.
I undestand that the focus could be on the "quality" of the match, but I also think to all services at the boundary to better satisfy the potential customer, his/her friend and family, in order to revenue to be invested again to improve teams, services, processes an so on.

Your post title says 'certify', by which I take to mean, engage a CB - like mine - to do an independent audit and issue a certificate. As I said, why? Would customers choose this club over others, because of the certificate? Are potential customers requiring certification before they visit the club? Are regulatory agencies recognizing certification as a means to comply with their regulations? Does the management of the club see opportunities to run their business better and gain a competitive advantage over other clubs by being certified?

Now, if you are speaking of implementing an ISO 9001 based quality system inside a club, within its restaurant etc., but without certifying it, that's different!

Which are you proposing?

A

arin_23

Your post title says 'certify', by which I take to mean, engage a CB - like mine - to do an independent audit and issue a certificate. As I said, why? Would customers choose this club over others, because of the certificate? Are potential customers requiring certification before they visit the club? Are regulatory agencies recognizing certification as a means to comply with their regulations? Does the management of the club see opportunities to run their business better and gain a competitive advantage over other clubs by being certified?

Which are you proposing?

Nice shot Andy!!!!

Soccer or any other game for that matter would have difficulty in implementation and maintenance of QMS IMO. Is it possible to maintain the same standard throughout the year? Can you guarantee the club you are certifying can always top the table (Supporter's perspective) ? or win every tornament it is perticipating in (Sponsorer's perspective)?

How are you going to do process validation? Strategies for all the matches shall be different. How you are going to identify non conforming products?

Above all what are going to be the quality objectives? You can frame many objectives but can you guarantee any one of those objectives to be fulfilled?

Regards,

Arin

qusys

Thks AndyN,
I referred to certification with ISO 9001 certificate delivery after a CB audit.
I am searching quality materials dealing with Quality manual and procedures for QMS in this sense. I know that some club were certified.
Your point is good. Why certification? What is the benefit? I think in general the soccer club could set processes and organize a QMS to improve the quality of the product/service he provides.
Clearly if we see as Customer only the fans, this can be reductive.
What do the fans want? they want their team win and play well.
But they also want other things, such as the thing I mentioned before.
As Customer we can also see external fans, that would like that their team win and play well too, but they would like to have facilitation to book tickets online from their home, for example.
Any way this are only some aspects of the QMS processes of a club.
Besides, to have QMS certified could be an assurance to get facilitation
in gaining sponsorships and increase the value of the club.

Now, if you are speaking of implementing an ISO 9001 based quality system inside a club, within its restaurant etc., but without certifying it, that's different!

Which are you proposing?

Top Bottom