Golf Ball Parts for Breakfast!

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
:notme:

McCain recalls Roundy’s, Harris Teeter potatoes for golf balls (Source :evidence: )

McCain Foods USA Inc. is recalling retail, frozen hash brown products that may be contaminated with extraneous golf ball materials.

The company posted the recall notice with the Food and Drug Administration, stating “despite our stringent supply standards (the golf balls) may have been inadvertently harvested with potatoes used to make this product. Consumption of these products may pose a choking hazard or other physical injury to the mouth.”​

JeantheBigone

Quite Involved in Discussions
McCains must have some seriously rugged slicing and dicing equipment if it can cut up golf balls along with potatoes. :mg:

Marc

Leader
I was a kid last time I tried to cut up a golf ball. Never really succeeded.

howste

Thaumaturge
Trusted Information Resource
This seems odd to me. Potatoes grow underground. There are rocks underground. Somehow they can manage to sort the rocks out of the harvest as well as all the vegetation above ground, but not the golf balls. :confused:

Coincidentally, my in-laws have a farm next to a golf course. There is no shortage of balls that end up in their fields. Fortunately the cows have never complained about golf balls in their hay. :notme:

Marc

Leader
I posted this because it was so unique. I personally wouldn't put it past someone with a grudge to have put that golf ball in their process on purpose. I remember when I was working in car airbags in the early days. We did x-raying and one day a somewhat large piece of metal was detected. We never figured out who did it, but we did an exhaustive investigation (the FBI was called in) and it wasn't human error.

Wes Bucey

Prophet of Profit
McCains must have some seriously rugged slicing and dicing equipment if it can cut up golf balls along with potatoes. :mg:
I used to do a really wicked job on the old balata covers with a five iron, leaving lots of "smileys" on golf courses around the country. In my old age, I've switched to surlyn covers, since I don't have the skill to take advantage of the backspin capability of urethane covers. I also only hit about 2/3 as far as I used to (no hip and knee flexibility.) The only plus in my game today is that I work the course much smarter than I did in my youth, recognizing I can use a three iron when a much better golfer pulls out a six iron.

howste

Thaumaturge
Trusted Information Resource
I don't golf much, but when I do my cost per stroke is pretty low. :notme:

Top Bottom