PPAP in GQTS (GM's Global Quality Tracking System)?

I

immokalee98

I recently started a new assignment and I'm tasked with submitting PPAPs in GQTS. Does anyone have any experience with using the system?

I

immokalee98

Re: PPAP in GQTS?

Sorry, it's part of GM's Supply Power application, Global Quality Tracking System.

S

Sturmkind

Hello, immokalee98!

Funny you should ask as I have been tasked with coming up with an internal training program on that very topic for my company.

GM does have a training module on the Covisint/GQTS web portal but it was not clear as to the exact steps involved in the long march to full PPAP.

Unless another member has a module all ready to go I will be working on this task completion this week and would be happy to share it with you.

I

immokalee98

That would be great! and appreciated. I've never submitted PPAPs through GQTS. It was always binders that I manually put together. Now I have to deal with saleable and non-saleable statuses. I look forward to your project.

S

Sturmkind

No problem. Upon completion I will let you know and would be happy to email direct to you as I recall my rather steep learning curve.

GQTS is proprietary to GM and it would not be correct or necessary to post publicly on this terrific forum. Suffice it to say that it is designed as a step-by-step way to get to full PPAP.

Best regards!

R

Rand T

I entered dozens of PPAP's on GQTS in the past, however it has been a few years. I no longer am working as a GM Supplier, so I am unable to even look at it to refresh my memory.

It is part of the APQP module, but the process of entering everything correctly is not very intuitive or easy to navigate. The real difficulty is that if everything isn't done exactly right, the status automatically can default to "Rejected"

Once you have done a few they are pretty easy, but it takes a little practice. Can your SQE provide any guidance?

S

Sturmkind

Thanks, Immo, for galvanizing me to complete the introductory training module which is now available to you.

Since I do not wish to post this generally, I will post a required Quality Notes form that you can feel free to use and over-write to suit your needs. I believe that you will find this general form handy.

Attachments

• QualityNotesSample_NS_26JAN2011.txt
    1.3 KB · Views: 666
S

sleeviroj

I've also been requested to conduct a GQTS PPAP...would you be so kind to share information regarding to this matter? Have never done the GQTS...Any information provided will be much appreciated...Please let me know...my email is in my User Profile here - sleeviroj. Thx for your help!

R

rayagouda

I recently started a new assignment and I'm tasked with submitting PPAPs in GQTS. Does anyone have any experience with using the system?
Hey let me know what are the issues you are facing I will surely guide you.
Please contact me on 91-9742423443 surely help you how to submit the PPAP in GQTS and get PPAP approvals for required PPAP levels.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom