Food Safety Manual for ISO 22000:2005 - Please critique

T

Tricff

Hello everyone,

This is my first time writing here. i have learnt so much just by going through the threads here. i am currently developing a ISO 22000 food safety/quality manual for a flavour manufacturing company. This is my first time developing a quality manual, i decided to approach it by addressing the clauses of the standards as i found it easier to determine what we would need to implement. we were previously ISO 9001 certified and had developed HACCP even though we are not certifed in HACCP.

I have have limited amount of experience in this and i would really appreciate any feedback on the manual i have posted. Is it sufficient, am i going in the right directions, auditors perspective and what else is need?
Thanks much

Attachments

• Copy of FOOD SAFETY MANAGEMENT SYSTEM MANUAL.docx
    109.6 KB · Views: 633

AndyN

Moved On
Hi and welcome to the Cove.

There are some of us here who do not like - or see the benefit of - a manual which emulates the standard. Some auditors like it, for inexplicable reasons. But, for the rest of the organization, they are too big, lack any real "friendliness" and are rarely used. Guess which camp I'm in...:popcorn:

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
It looks OK to me. The problem I see is it doesn't reference appropriate level 2 procedures within the document paragraphs.

As to a manual that is based upon a standard, personally I don't think it's a problem at all as long as it reflects what you are doing. Some people do not like quality manuals which essentially repeat the standard, but some people don't like sushi. Some people don't like to eat live octopus. Others do. It's a matter of opinion.

Top Bottom