Quality Manual Review - Should the manual link all procedures

sowmya

Involved - Posts
Experts,

We are in the process of reviewing our quality manual. From last revision, some of the new processes have been introduced and procedures are released. Should the manual link all procedures that are available in the company?. Why I am asking this is, everytime, when there is a new issue of procedure, we need to revise manual?

Thanks for the help

Sowmya

Howard Atkins

Forum Administrator
Leader
Admin
Re: Quality manual reviewal

The reference to the procedures in the manual does not need to include the revision level, the manual is not your "master control " document.
If the standard can say
2 Normative Reference said:
For undated references, the latest edition of the normative document referred to applies.
So can you.
Do not cause unnecessary:cool: work

Colin

Quite Involved in Discussions

Howard is spot on. By all means, have a list of your procedures in the manual but don't put the revision status in there, or better still, why not state that there is a separate list/spreadsheet which identifies the procedures and acts as the master list. This can then show the current revision status of each procedure and is more easily kept up to date.

sowmya

Involved - Posts

Thanks howard and colpart...

I understand.. But my point is, is it mandatory to mention all the procedures in the manual? (not talking about the revision level). Procedure reference to be mentioned in the manual?

Howard Atkins

Forum Administrator
Leader
Admin

The standard says
4.2.2 Quality manual
The organization shall establish and maintain a quality manual that includes

b) the documented procedures established for the quality management system, or reference to them

Yes

I

Iznul - 2010

Agree with Howard, the standard clearly defines that

Top Bottom