AS9110B has been released - April 2012

K

kiwisfly

Does anyone have information on the latest developments in AS9110? It appears to be in development at present but if anyone knows anything further it would be good to know.

Cheers,

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Leader
Admin
Re: New AS9110B - Any info?

Due to significant feedback from EASA on 9110A, there is an on-going effort about an "early" revision of that document. Unclear at this time, if/when that is going to happen. To revise 9110 out of sequence with 9100 and 9120 represents a risk to the IAQG, especially when the aerospace auditors are undergoing transition training as we speak.

There are less than 320 9110 certificates in OASIS, currently, compared to the 11,000 + AS/EN 9100 certificates around the World.

For the time being, there is very little incentive for MRO organizations to chase 9110 certification. Very few mandates for certification, lack of recognition by regulatory agencies and the excessive volume of redundant audits work against 9110 certification growth.

J

Joy

For the time being, there is very little incentive for MRO organizations to chase 9110 certification. Very few mandates for certification, lack of recognition by regulatory agencies and the excessive volume of redundant audits work against 9110 certification growth.
Another reason may be the promotion of AS9100 by CBs.I feel many organisations should have gone for AS9110 instead of AS9100 as per the scopes recorded in OASIS.Incentives,mandates and recognition may be same for both but promotion by CBs may change the balance.As the CBs are not having accreditation or auditor for AS9110,they may be promoting the other standard.As example see the list of organisations certified from India in OASIS.Many divisions of India's largest aerospace organisation is certified and many divisions are only in MRO activities but none is certified for AS9110.A CB without accreditation for AS9110 is register for all divisions.:)

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Leader
Admin

Another reason may be the promotion of AS9100 by CBs.I feel many organisations should have gone for AS9110 instead of AS9100 as per the scopes recorded in OASIS.Incentives,mandates and recognition may be same for both but promotion by CBs may change the balance.As the CBs are not having accreditation or auditor for AS9110,they may be promoting the other standard.As example see the list of organisations certified from India in OASIS.Many divisions of India's largest aerospace organisation is certified and many divisions are only in MRO activities but none is certified for AS9110.A CB without accreditation for AS9110 is register for all divisions.:)
Good points you have. But, it makes me wonder what is the motivation behind organizations that go after a certification against the wrong model/standard and let a CB accreditation scope (and lack thereof) be the deciding factor. Who are they "fooling"?
I think I am going to start offering certification to the MBNQA - Melvin Baldwin National Quality Award.

J

Joy

Who are they "fooling"?

They are fooling themselves and their stake holders. Sometimes it is due to lack of awareness.

K

kiwisfly

Re: The latest AS9110 developments - Any new info?

I heard AS9110B won't be out until mid-2011. Will be interesting to see what the transition arrangements are for auditors, particularly those who have already transitioned to AS9110A.

Agree Joy, far too many MRO's with AS9100 and some ignorance shown by the Head Offices when regional MRO's are encouraged to go for the 'right' standard. I have begun limiting the scope for any MRO with AS9100 as it only applies to their 'own' products, if they repair anyone else's products then AS9100 can not apply according to the Application document. I hope it encourages them to change.

Cheers,

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Leader
Admin

I heard AS9110B won't be out until mid-2011. Will be interesting to see what the transition arrangements are for auditors, particularly those who have already transitioned to AS9110A.
The changes to 9110A are designed not to impact the 9110 AATT transition process. At this time, the idea is to offer the 9110A qualified auditors with a simple online module that would qualify them for 9110B.

Even though I was against the idea to allow for the 9110 document to be revised asynchronously (with 9100 and 9120) and so soon after 9110A release and certification transition, I requested, during this week's AAQG/AAQSC meeting in Salt Lake City that the IAQG come forward with a communique on the 9110B revision, including the why's, the when and impact on to the users.

Too many times, the CB's are left with the responsibility to communicate issues such as this to the registrants, who tend not to be thrilled by more, forced down, unwanted changes. Messenger getting shot is always a risk.

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Leader
Admin
Re: The latest AS9110 developments - Any new info? September 2010

The ballotting for the AS9110 Rev. B document started in the AAQSC (Americas Sector)

howste

Thaumaturge
Trusted Information Resource

Even though I was against the idea to allow for the 9110 document to be revised asynchronously (with 9100 and 9120) and so soon after 9110A release and certification transition, I requested, during this week's AAQG/AAQSC meeting in Salt Lake City that the IAQG come forward with a communique on the 9110B revision, including the why's, the when and impact on to the users.

Sidney, was there any response to your request?

Top Bottom