The Cove Business Standards Discussion Forums More Free Files Forum Discussion Thread Post Attachments Listing Cove Discussion Forums Main Page
UL - Underwriters Laboratories - Health Sciences
Go Back   The Elsmar Cove Business Systems and Standards Discussion Forums > Common Quality Assurance Processes and Tools > APQP and PPAP
Forum Username

Elsmar Cove Forum Visitor Notice(s)

Wooden Line

New PSW (Part Submission Warrant) - 4th Edition PPAP Manual - Page 4

Elsmar XML RSS Feed
Elsmar Cove Forum RSS Feed

Monitor the Elsmar Forum
Sponsor Links

Courtesy Quick Links

Links that Cove visitors will find useful in your quest for knowledge:

International Standards Bodies - World Wide Standards Bodies

ASQ - American Society for Quality

International Standards Organization - ISO Standards and Information

Howard's
International Quality Services

Marcelo Antunes'
SQR Consulting, and
Medical Devices Expert Forum

Bob Doering
Bob Doering's Blogs and,
Correct SPC - Precision Machining

Ajit Basrur
Claritas Consulting, LLC

NIST's Engineering Statistics Handbook

IRCA - International Register of Certified Auditors

SAE - Society of Automotive Engineers

Quality Digest

IEST - Institute of Environmental Sciences and Technology

Some Related Topic Tags (Not all threads are Tagged)
ppap (production part approval process), psw (part submission warrant)

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Content Display Modes
  Post Number #25  
Old 26th September 2008, 06:36 AM
Jaroslaw.Malkowski

Total Posts: 8
Re: PSW Warrant

Dears,
I have one question about PPAP approval and PSW.

The situation is:

I work in Internotional Automotive Co.
Sites are located in France, Poland, China.

One site - France - ordered PPAP for partnumber A.
PPAP will be validated and signed by Polish representative of same group (division)

After PPAP approval and PSW signed, parts will be delivered from supplier of part A to Poland, France and China.

My question is:
Do I need 3 PSW - for China, Poland, France or 1 PSW (for France that made an order) is enough to receive parts form supplier?

I repeat once again - site of Poland, France and China = same branch (same name of Co and division)

Thanks for your feedback.

Sponsored Links
  Post Number #26  
Old 26th September 2008, 08:42 AM
howste

Total Posts: 4,501

Quote:
In Reply to Parent Post by Jaroslaw.Malkowski View Post

Dears,
I have one question about PPAP approval and PSW.

The situation is:

I work in Internotional Automotive Co.
Sites are located in France, Poland, China.

One site - France - ordered PPAP for partnumber A.
PPAP will be validated and signed by Polish representative of same group (division)

After PPAP approval and PSW signed, parts will be delivered from supplier of part A to Poland, France and China.

My question is:
Do I need 3 PSW - for China, Poland, France or 1 PSW (for France that made an order) is enough to receive parts form supplier?

I repeat once again - site of Poland, France and China = same branch (same name of Co and division)

Thanks for your feedback.
So you are the customer for part A? It sounds like your company should decide. Are you OK with having PPAPs approved for your company at only one site, or would you prefer to have each site approve its own? Either way would be acceptable in my eyes.
Sponsored Links

Post Number #27  
Old 13th January 2009, 10:03 PM
janldog

Total Posts: 2
Re: New PSW (Part Submission Warrant) - 4th Edition PPAP manual

Oh thank you very much!!
  Post Number #28  
Old 13th January 2009, 10:10 PM
janldog

Total Posts: 2

It depends, normally should be 3 PSW.
  Post Number #29  
Old 13th January 2009, 11:56 PM
howste

Total Posts: 4,501

Quote:
In Reply to Parent Post by janldog View Post

Oh thank you very much!!
Quote:
In Reply to Parent Post by janldog View Post

It depends, normally should be 3 PSW.
Hi Janldog, welcome to the Cove.

If you'll use the button at the bottom of the posts you reply to it will be easier for us to understand which posts you're talking about. Thanks!
  Post Number #30  
Old 26th January 2009, 10:33 AM
kolevgeorge

Total Posts: 3

When you make PPAP only one PSW should be filled and sent to the SQE for the project doesn't matter how many plant's are you going to supply. Usually what should be sent to all plants are some sample or tryout parts for matching. The PSW is SQE approval document and is not related with the plant but with the Company.
  Post Number #31  
Old 25th March 2009, 02:09 PM
mbehmazia

Total Posts: 25

Hello, I did not know where to post my question so excuse me if this is not the place to be. I have a dispute with a supplier regarding submitting a level III PPAP with a PSW. I am getting a very hard time from them because they are leaving quite a few answers blank, no n/a, no applicable part revisions, etc. Unless I am mistaken, all PSW information should at least be answered with a n/a correct? This is why I am rejecting their PPAP. Thanks in advance for the insight.
  Post Number #32  
Old 25th March 2009, 02:29 PM
Jim Wynne

Total Posts: 14,155

Quote:
In Reply to Parent Post by mbehmazia View Post

Hello, I did not know where to post my question so excuse me if this is not the place to be. I have a dispute with a supplier regarding submitting a level III PPAP with a PSW. I am getting a very hard time from them because they are leaving quite a few answers blank, no n/a, no applicable part revisions, etc. Unless I am mistaken, all PSW information should at least be answered with a n/a correct? This is why I am rejecting their PPAP. Thanks in advance for the insight.
There is no standard rule, but it's good practice to use "NA" instead of leaving a field blank so that we know that the supplier didn't just overlook the field. I can't think of an instance where the part/drawing revision information wouldn't be applicable.

It's often helpful to compose your own PPAP requirements as a supplement to the AIAG requirements. You can see an example (which I wrote) here (PDF). Note that in the section dealing with the PSW there's a requirement for not leaving spaces blank.

Lower Navigation Bar
Go Back   The Elsmar Cove Business Systems and Standards Discussion Forums > Common Quality Assurance Processes and Tools > APQP and PPAP