Pareto can still be created in Excel.
here is the sample attached.
The steps to create the chart are:
1. Set the data up as in the attached ParetoSample.xls
2. Click chart wizard, select Custom, "Line-Column" type
3. For Source Data range select DefCode/Defect, QtyRejd and Cum%
4. select secondary Y axis in the Chart Options after going through the regular charting process
5. Finish chart in the chosen location/worksheet
6. Select primary Y axis and adjust the scale to the total rejected qty
7. Select the secondary Y axis and manipulate the scale
there you go