The Cove Business Standards Discussion Forums More Free Files Forum Discussion Thread Post Attachments Listing Cove Discussion Forums Main Page
UL - Underwriters Laboratories - Health Sciences
Go Back   The Elsmar Cove Business Systems and Standards Discussion Forums > Common Quality Assurance Processes and Tools > Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis > Quality Assurance and Compliance Software Tools / Solutions
Forum Username

Elsmar Cove Forum Visitor Notice(s)

Wooden Line

What Flowchart Software Do You Use for Procedures and other Documentation? - Page 5

Elsmar XML RSS Feed
Elsmar Cove Forum RSS Feed

Monitor the Elsmar Forum
Sponsor Links

Courtesy Quick Links

Links that Cove visitors will find useful in your quest for knowledge:

International Standards Bodies - World Wide Standards Bodies

ASQ - American Society for Quality

International Standards Organization - ISO Standards and Information

Howard's
International Quality Services

Marcelo Antunes'
SQR Consulting, and
Medical Devices Expert Forum

Bob Doering
Bob Doering's Blogs and,
Correct SPC - Precision Machining

Ajit Basrur
Claritas Consulting, LLC

NIST's Engineering Statistics Handbook

IRCA - International Register of Certified Auditors

SAE - Society of Automotive Engineers

Quality Digest

IEST - Institute of Environmental Sciences and Technology

View Poll Results: Which is the best flowchart software for QS/ISO documentation.
AllClear 13 5.80%
iGrafx Flowcharter 13 5.80%
ConceptDraw 0 0%
SmartDraw 23 10.27%
Visio (MickeySoft) 134 59.82%
Drawing tools in Office 41 18.30%
Voters: 224. You may not vote on this Poll because you are not Logged In.

Some Related Topic Tags (Not all threads are Tagged)
flowcharts, software (general topics), documents and documentation (general), procedures (general)

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 4.50 average. Display Modes
  Post Number #33  
Old 13th December 2001, 03:55 PM
Arte

Total Posts: 75
are in the web some site where I can find a freeware to flowchart use. (not demo)
Regards
Arte

Sponsored Links
  Post Number #34  
Old 13th December 2001, 05:19 PM
choices

Total Posts: 9
Freeware

I can across this URL that says freeware. At the bottom of the URL are more links.

http://www.smartdraw2.com/qualityassurance1.htm

Michelle

Quote:
Originally posted by Arte
are in the web some site where I can find a freeware to flowchart use. (not demo)
Regards
Arte
Sponsored Links

Post Number #35  
Old 4th February 2002, 01:32 AM
Marc

Total Posts: 25,731
Yin Yang

I bought SmartDraw a couple years ago because a client used it. I like it and it's only (well was - haven't looked recently) US$50. There was a 'professional' version for about US$100. Does everything Visio does and more including nested flow charts, links, 'Office' integration, etc. I also have Micrografix Flowcharter 7 (another client used it). It's OK but not as intuitive to use as SmartDraw. Again, the versions I have are a couple years old so they have, I'm sure, 'evolved'.

For smaller clients I recommend PowerPoint because they all have it. If you don't need to get fancy it's easy to use.
  Post Number #36  
Old 4th February 2002, 05:56 PM
Marc

I Say...

> I have not used the other programs mentioned, and my
> choice is not based on price, but on how easy it is to use
> and attach files to my procedures. I was just expressing
> my opinion, and certainly didn't expect the reaction I
> got!

We're just talking. You bought the right tool for the job at hand and cost was not an object which is good.
  Post Number #37  
Old 4th February 2002, 09:32 PM
Dawn

Total Posts: 301
Marc,
How do you make a flowchart in powerpoint?
  Post Number #38  
Old 4th February 2002, 10:01 PM
Marc

Yin Yang

Well, you just have to look closely at Powerpoint. It has built in flow chart symbols, all sorts of connectors, etc. It even tells you what each symbol stands for in the shapes pallet when your mouse is over a symbol. I'm not trying to sell Powerpoint - I only suggest it for small companies which do not need the 'power' of SmartDraw, Visio or several others.

I will admit that I use Powerpoint a lot because I work mainly on my Mac. I have a couple of very good Mac flow chart programs but I typically have to work with a client so Powerpoint is a good 'intermediate' across platforms. But if the client uses SmartDraw (or whatever) then I buy that program and work on my peecee. One of my current clients has everything on Micrografix Flowcharter 7 - so I work on their files in that.

If you really want to see flow charts in powerpoint there are some in the Members Access directory (for example the file QS9000_Overview.ppt in the Automotive directory) has a couple and there are many in the Premium Access directory - especially in the ISO directory in the Flow_Charts_for_2000.ppt file.

Powerpoint is more powerful than many folks realize.

You can also do flow charts in Word, but they're much harder to do. I stay away from flow charts in Word.
  Post Number #39  
Old 26th February 2002, 12:22 PM
Richard Flexton

Total Posts: 10
Thumbs up Take a look at allCLEAR - concurrent user licence cuts cost and it draws automaticaly

I use allCLEAR. Since Proquis Inc. bought the product they cut the price and cleared the bugs. It is very quick to produce and if you have to make changes it can redraw the lines etc. automatically. I have used Visio and several others - I guess it's 5 time faster to produce and 10 times faster to amend.

It does have a few annoying querks - don't they all!

I haven't experienced difficulty in exporting to word - or HTML etc. Seems to be fast even if it does have a few too many options.

allCLEAR gets my vote - 3 user licence and 50 people use it often without breaking the licence.
  Post Number #40  
Old 2nd March 2002, 06:50 AM
Howard Atkins

Total Posts: 2,959
I used Word but had problems with the various shapes moving.
I now use Excel, it is the same as Word with the drawing toolbar but the shapes do not move.
There are a limited number of shapes but I think this prevents the flow chart from becoming to complicated.
For comments you can use the callouts, there are a large number and connect directly to the shapes.
There is even the posibility of alignment etc to tidy up afterwards.
Why spend more money.

Lower Navigation Bar
Go Back   The Elsmar Cove Business Systems and Standards Discussion Forums > Common Quality Assurance Processes and Tools > Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis > Quality Assurance and Compliance Software Tools / Solutions