The Cove Business Standards Discussion Forums More Free Files Forum Discussion Thread Post Attachments Listing Cove Discussion Forums Main Page
UL - Underwriters Laboratories - Health Sciences
Go Back   The Elsmar Cove Business Systems and Standards Discussion Forums > Manufacturing, Service, and Business Systems Processes > Human Factors and Ergonomics in Engineering
Forum Username

Elsmar Cove Forum Visitor Notice(s)

Wooden Line

How to deal with Behaviour Problem in the work place? - Page 3

Elsmar XML RSS Feed
Elsmar Cove Forum RSS Feed

Monitor the Elsmar Forum
Sponsor Links

Courtesy Quick Links

Links that Cove visitors will find useful in your quest for knowledge:

International Standards Bodies - World Wide Standards Bodies

ASQ - American Society for Quality

International Standards Organization - ISO Standards and Information

Howard's
International Quality Services

Marcelo Antunes'
SQR Consulting, and
Medical Devices Expert Forum

Bob Doering
Bob Doering's Blogs and,
Correct SPC - Precision Machining

Ajit Basrur
Claritas Consulting, LLC

NIST's Engineering Statistics Handbook

IRCA - International Register of Certified Auditors

SAE - Society of Automotive Engineers

Quality Digest

IEST - Institute of Environmental Sciences and Technology

Some Related Topic Tags (Not all threads are Tagged)
inspection (general), employees (general)

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
  Post Number #17  
Old 6th May 2011, 08:17 AM
Celtic Warrior

Total Posts: 42
Re: How to deal with Behaviour Problem in the work place?

I absolutely agree with Wes, excellent post.

In the very rare cases of sabotage that I have experienced ( 2 only) the motive was so strong for the individual that the risk of isolating themselves from any group cover was put aside.

The behavior in both cases was a one off act in response to a specific event.

Analysis of the RC established process deficiencies and leadership concerns that led to the sabotage in both cases.

In one case following some significant changes to process and leadership and some help for the individual, the person was re-instated and still works with the company today.

Therefore I would completely agree with looking again at the cultural, and other direct leadership issues, also examine the robustness of the process that allows the operators that interact with it to adjust the output without consequence.

People require reasons to do things, motive is part of all of our make up.

It is very difficult to understand that an operator deliberately sabotages products that would ultimately lead to his or company's loss.

Sponsored Links
  Post Number #18  
Old 6th May 2011, 09:07 AM
PE-2011

Total Posts: 146

Quote:
In Reply to Parent Post by ignatiuswong View Post

Dear Cove,

it's been a long time ago since my last post.
i need your help to share me some of your organization experiences.

around last year i've got a lot of claim from customer,
after then i just doing some improvement --> Man, Machine, Method, Material and else.

but i just know that all improvements that i do is useless..
claim increased. and now i realized the problem is Behaviour.

now what i do is just doing some 100% check before delivery / shipment to customer, and guess what i've got ?
i still found some NC parts.

and the thing that shocked me was the production operator told me that the man that i instructed to do 100% inspection check sabotaged this NC.

my question is how operator have that kind perception.

around 2 month ago, all operator just been trained about how to change behaviour - seminar, but until now not seen any improvement.

what do you think cove ?

Regards

Dear Friend, I don't think it is behavioural problem and your training is not a solution for this. I presume, organization lacking powerful and knowledgeable ruling personnals (Managerial level or above). I also presume the skills of labours is also less to understand what and why? I feel, if you try to understand their heart friendly - i mean what they want or for want of what this is happening etc. then you can come out with a solution. I believe problem can be resolved even by a normal person by doing so.

Regards, Maheswari
Sponsored Links

Post Number #19  
Old 6th May 2011, 04:48 PM
TheRiddle

Total Posts: 35

I think you need to be more closer to your employees .. you need make them to trust in you
you can use a fishbone analysis about your problem with the company behaviour with the participation of the employees and see what's thier problems and what is the root couse of increasing the customer claim
  Post Number #20  
Old 5th February 2014, 01:00 AM
gstewart

Total Posts: 50

I work in an environment where the majority are hard working and diligent.
They know that they are all responsible for the quality of their own work.

IF a person in our plant was deliberately sabotaging the product a general warning would be issued.
If we then found evidence that the person was still sabotaging the product, I am certain that the management ( Production / Quality / General management ) and the other workers would support their dismissal.

Maybe not so nice and touchy feely, but there are others who appreciate that job.
  Post Number #21  
Old 5th November 2016, 01:51 PM
Monirh

Total Posts: 10

ow,,,, i got some tips from this...

Lower Navigation Bar
Go Back   The Elsmar Cove Business Systems and Standards Discussion Forums > Manufacturing, Service, and Business Systems Processes > Human Factors and Ergonomics in Engineering