The Cove Business Standards Discussion Forums More Free Files Forum Discussion Thread Post Attachments Listing Cove Discussion Forums Main Page
UL - Underwriters Laboratories - Health Sciences
Go Back   The Elsmar Cove Business Systems and Standards Discussion Forums > Manufacturing, Service, and Business Systems Processes > Human Factors and Ergonomics in Engineering
Forum Username

Elsmar Cove Forum Visitor Notice(s)

Wooden Line

Temperature/Humidity inside a store

Elsmar XML RSS Feed
Elsmar Cove Forum RSS Feed

Monitor the Elsmar Forum
Sponsor Links

Courtesy Quick Links

Links Elsmar Cove visitors will find useful in the quest for knowledge and support:

Jennifer Kirley's
Conway Business Services

Howard's
International Quality Services

Marcelo Antunes'
SQR Consulting, and
Medical Devices Expert Forum

Bob Doering
Bob Doering's Blogs and,
Correct SPC - Precision Machining

Ajit Basrur
Claritas Consulting, LLC

International Standards Bodies - World Wide Standards Bodies

ASQ - American Society for Quality

International Standards Organization - ISO Standards and Information

NIST's Engineering Statistics Handbook

IRCA - International Register of Certified Auditors

SAE - Society of Automotive Engineers

Quality Digest

IEST - Institute of Environmental Sciences and Technology

Some Related Topic Tags (Not all threads are Tagged)
human factors

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Content Display Modes
  Post Number #1  
Old 31st May 2013, 03:12 AM
bi-lo

Total Posts: 21
Please Help! Temperature/Humidity inside a store

I emailed my lessor requesting for cancellation of the existing air-conditioning charges because it's hot inside my store. It's not worth that I am being charged for something which I do not enjoy. In addition, I told them to remove the A/C Service at all so that it will not reflect on future bills. The Leasing Manager responded saying that I signed and conformed the lease proposal, thus, I have to abide with it. Yes, the Lease Agreement says that there?s an AC charge, but my problem is it?s hot inside my store. I?m planning to bring a temperature check and invite them to measure the actual temperature. What is the acceptable operating temperature? I know that it will vary from country to country and the time of the year, but what?s the temperature (___ ?C) so that they can say there?s a functioning A/C? I?d like to escalate this matter to their top management. I would greatly appreciate any advice so that I could get the approval of the top management on my requests.

Thanks in advance!

Sponsored Links
  Post Number #2  
Old 31st May 2013, 03:19 AM
Ronen E

Total Posts: 3,308
Re: Temperature/Humidity

21-22?C is considered comfortable for people engaged in some level of physical activity. If an AC installation can't maintain a temperature under 25?C, I'd say that it's functionally deficient. However, expectations should be adjusted according to the outside environment and building materials in use.
Thanks to Ronen E for your informative Post and/or Attachment!
Sponsored Links

Post Number #3  
Old 31st May 2013, 04:12 AM
somashekar

Total Posts: 5,233
Re: Temperature/Humidity

...and to the volume of your room as compared to the capacity of the AC.
Any leakages ?
Assess this to check if you need to install an other AC.
Thanks to somashekar for your informative Post and/or Attachment!
  Post Number #4  
Old 31st May 2013, 05:44 AM
TPMB4

Total Posts: 377
Re: Temperature/Humidity inside a store

Most A/C equipment is rated for a room volume (among other factors). If you can access the A/C equipment that is used then you might be able to find out the volume it is expected to cope with online at either the manufacturer's website or the website of a company that sells them. Just an idea. If the A/C unit is not sufficient take a copy of the spec for it and perhaps the management (senior or current level that you are talking to) might respond appropriately. It is not really that simple but it could be a starting point to get evidence to support you.
Thanks to TPMB4 for your informative Post and/or Attachment!
  Post Number #5  
Old 1st June 2013, 07:02 AM
bi-lo

Total Posts: 21

Thanks for the responses. I don't know if they want to make the entire building/mall bearable or comfortable for shoppers. Some areas or businesses owned by the lessor e.g. department store, supermarket, etc are the coolest, but leases areas are the hottest. Fewer shoppers visit the hot shops. Still, they charged us (leases) air-conditioning. I don't know if it is the lessor's strategy or they look at it from economic point of view.
  Post Number #6  
Old 1st June 2013, 11:18 PM
BradM

Total Posts: 5,931

There is a thermostat somewhere controlling the AC unit.
1) place a thermometer beside the thermometer to see if it is close; 1-3 F should be close enough.
2) turn the thermostat all the way down and see if the room gets cool. If it doesn't the unit is not going to be acceptable.
3) I'd the AC Is working OK, the. There are other factors causing the heat.

Most AC people check the discharge temperature at the vent. The air should be cold.
Thanks to BradM for your informative Post and/or Attachment!
  Post Number #7  
Old 26th October 2013, 10:21 AM
Transmpair

Total Posts: 1

Hello,
The Society's mission is to promote the discovery and exchange of knowledge concerning the characteristics of human beings that are applicable to the design ...

Post Number #8  
Old 26th October 2013, 08:07 PM
Ajit Basrur

Total Posts: 6,040

Quote:
In Reply to Parent Post by Transmpair View Post

Hello,
The Society's mission is to promote the discovery and exchange of knowledge concerning the characteristics of human beings that are applicable to the design ...

Hi,

Which society are you refering ?

Lower Navigation Bar
Go Back   The Elsmar Cove Business Systems and Standards Discussion Forums > Manufacturing, Service, and Business Systems Processes > Human Factors and Ergonomics in Engineering