GM (General Motors) QSB Fast Response Program

R

Ron Tollett

I would really appreciate if I could get the Fast Response Program. I'm looking for a Fast Response form also. Please help.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jen Kirley

Quality and Auditing Expert
Leader
Admin
Re: Fast Response Program

Welcome to the Cove! :bigwave:

I am not familiar with the Fast Response Program, so I did a Google search and came up with a list over 8 million hits. Oh dear.

Can you please be more specific? Just what do you want to respond to?

R

Ron Tollett

Hi Jennifer,

Here is a synopsis of the Fast Response program by GM:
This came out a few years ago in a program called "Quality Systems Basics". This was a GM Powertrain internal and supplier program; I believe that GM has since promoted it to all suppliers, but I don't believe that it's mandatory outside of Powertrain.

The gist of Fast Response was to achieve fast response (duh) to customer concerns. Here are a few highlights from the GM presentation-- note that this was about 3 years old; may be updated.

(Quote)
Each day, the quality function shall identify significant quality concerns (from the last 24 hours) to be reviewed at that day’s leadership meeting. Input should include customer concerns, supplier concerns, line stops, teardown, CARE (Buy-off), Dock audits, audit issues and other internal quality concerns.

At that day’s leadership meeting, site leadership shall review significant quality concerns and designate the respective owner(s) to report out at the following day’s leadership meeting. Owner report out shall begin with the Fast Response tracking sheet and shall include the updated:

Problem Solving Form
FMEA
Control Plan
Standardized Work (method & sequence)
Layered Audit
Workforce Notification

(End Quote)

My customer was already doing many of these steps, so it wasn't a big change. The key issues are that customer concerns be treated (a) as a big deal within the organization; and that (b) the concern be handled with great urgency; (c) that all relevant people know about the concern status, not just a QA technician. These are all good ideas. Relatively easy to do in a small company, hard to do in a big plant.

At least some of the GM customer plants I have seen have used this methodology. You don't want your plant to be the root cause of a concern that the GM Powertrain plant gets from an assembly plant! They will give you the sense of urgency that they describe here.

Success story - (a) best to avoid customer concerns! (b) when they occur, mind the key issues above: Give it urgent priority; make sure it's communicated across your company; and keep all they key people in the loop until the problem is put to bed.

There are several other elements in the Quality System Basics program. You can get some of the presentations on it from the GM Supply Power website. Look in the GM Powertrain Supplier Presentations folders, and note that it is several years old.

B

Bigfoot

I found a presentation on the QSB program that has the Fast Response program pretty well laid out, but I don't have a Fast Response form. It is in the presentation as a slide so you could copy it if you need to.

Attachments

• Quality System Basics Fast Response Program.ppt
    1.2 MB · Views: 2,889
R

Ron Tollett

BRILLIANT!!!! Bigfoot. Just what I was looking for!!!!

hector cabral

Registered

I did came to QSB trough American axle manufacturing requirements! this help a lot because those presentation from AAM are confusing!

W

WalidBadr

There is a new version for the QSB .. for the year 2011 ... does anyone know what they modified ???

Top Bottom