AS9100 Rev. D - Can anyone recommend a good reference book?

Mike S.

Happy to be Alive
Trusted Information Resource
Can anyone recommend a good reference book on AS9100 Rev. D – something to keep on-hand to supplement and help explain the standard for when one doesn’t have the time to formulate a question and wait for answers on the Cove. Thanks in advance!

howste

Thaumaturge
The standard won't be released until next week. At this point I'm not aware of any books about Rev D. Your best bet at this time would probably be a book about ISO 9001:2015 which was released last November. It would cover the biggest changes.

Mike S.

Happy to be Alive
An even better thought is to review the information published by ISO TC 176 (9001 Standard Authors) at http://isotc.iso.org/livelink/livelink/open/tc176SC2public and the IAQG (9101 Authors) at http://www.sae.org/iaqg/organization/9100.htm

Yep, I have seen that info, thanks.

But I like to keep one good reference book on board for a different perspective, different way of explaining things, and its portability. Sometimes a debate on the standard happens in someone else's office or meeting room or on the shop floor, and it is easy to carry a book there for reference; not easy to access computer files.

B

BoardGuy

[FONT=&quot]If you are looking for a single book, then put those babies in a binder and have it ready when needed. Remember these documents have the International Accreditation Form (the guys who oversee ANAB), ISO (issues standards) [FONT=&quot]IAQG (the writers of 9101) [/FONT]and TC 176 (the writers of 9001) logos and names on them and have better standing than some 2nd party book author.[/FONT]

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Leader
Admin
In the past, the IAQG had "discouraged" unofficial interpretation material. As Howste mentioned, the standard has not been released yet. So, if there was a book available already would have to have come from someone with access to the draft of the standard and that could be considered by some as "unethical" as inside trading like practices....:mg:

I agree that the least bad best source for interpretational issues on the standard is the material coming from the IAQG themselves. For example, for the Rev. C of the AS9100 standard we have

It is likely we will see similar documents for the AS9100 Rev. D document.

Mike S.

Happy to be Alive
In the past, the IAQG had "discouraged" unofficial interpretation material. As Howste mentioned, the standard has not been released yet. So, if there was a book available already would have to have come from someone with access to the draft of the standard and that could be considered by some as "unethical" as inside trading like practices....:mg:

I agree that the least bad best source for interpretational issues on the standard is the material coming from the IAQG themselves. For example, for the Rev. C of the AS9100 standard we have

It is likely we will see similar documents for the AS9100 Rev. D document.

Yup, I've got all that stuff. And I have written them for interpretations in the past.

I've explained why I'd like to get a reference book. But for folks who think there is no place for a good reference book from "some 2nd party book author" I guess even less credence should be given the opinions of members of this forum..... :notme::tg:

Top Bottom