ISO 9001:2008 Status Forum to be closed on 18 November 2008

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
Because ISO 9001:2008 has been released, this forum will be closed to new posts and new threads on 18 November 2008.

Wes Bucey

Prophet of Profit
Re: ISO 9001:2008 Status and Information Forum to be closed on 18 November 2008

Because ISO 9001:2008 has been released, this forum will be closed to new posts and new threads on 18 November 2008.
I anticipate a lot of questions over the next few months on WHERE to obtain a copy of the 2008 version. Shall we start a new thread just to include lists of WHERE to buy together with prices? I recall various sources had prices ranging from reasonable to ridiculous for the 2000 version.

For example I got an email today from ASQ on purchase price for electronic copies and a link to "preorder" hard copies (which apparently are not yet ready at ASQ.)

The ASQ price includes a discount for ASQ members
ANSI/ISO/ASQ Q9001-2008: Quality management systems – Requirements (e-Standard)
Note: You cannot print or share electronic standards. The file contains a secure watermark to protect the copyright. E-Standards purchases are non-refundable.
This standard specifies requirements for a quality management system where an organization:

• needs to demonstrate its ability to consistently provide product that meets customer and applicable statutory and regulatory requirements, and
  • aims to enhance customer satisfaction through the effective application of the system, including processes for continual improvement of the system and the assurance of conformity to customer and applicable statutory and regulatory requirements.

All requirements of ISO 9001:2008 are generic and are intended to be applicable to all organizations, regardless of type, size and product provided.

To purchase a Site License of this standard to post on your company's Local Area Network or Intranet, visit our Site License home page.

PDF. File Size 785 KB. 40 pages. 2008
Item: T860E
Member Price: $76.00
List/Forum-Division Price: $95.00
Hard copy will be shipped by November 24, 2008 (hard copy - soft cover)
at the same price as single-user electronic copy

Sadly, the ASQ website is not yet geared to sell site licenses for this Standard - keep checking!;);)

The hard fact is an organization aiming at registration to the Standard "should" have its own copy. It seems to make sense to assure the copy is "legal," not pirated!

Marc

Leader

The hard fact is an organization aiming at registration to the Standard "should" have its own copy. It seems to make sense to assure the copy is "legal," not pirated!
I'm pretty sure having a copy of the 2008 standard will be mandatory.

I don't care if a new thread is started, but it should be started in the main ISO 9001 forum.

Wes Bucey

Prophet of Profit

I'm pretty sure having a copy of the 2008 standard will be mandatory.

I don't care if a new thread is started, but it should be started in the main ISO 9001 forum.
I don't recall a "shall" in the Standard which says it is mandatory to have a legal copy or ANY copy - hence the reason I put "should" in quotes!

Marc

Leader

I think it is usually it's a registrar requirement.

R

Russ Jackson

Probably every certified quality system has a requirement relative to paragraph 4.2.3 Document Control "to ennsure that documents of external origin are identified and controlled." If, at some point, you claim that your system is compliant with the ISO 9001:2008 how can you do so without having a copy of the latest standard available to you? Yes, we know there are no significant changes but that does not eliminate the need for having a copy in your quality system. It is a good example, for everyone else in the organization who must also keep systems current, if those responsible have access to external documents required for effective implementation of the QMS.

Marc

Leader
If, at some point, you claim that your system is compliant with the ISO 9001:2008 how can you do so without having a copy of the latest standard available to you?
I got into a pi$$ing match several times back in the early and mid 1990's over this very aspect. Ever since I have told implementation clients for the price of the standard it's not worth arguing with an auditor over, AND I agree in principle. The registrar may not require a company to have one, and the standard its self may not require a company to have one, but to not have a copy is silly. If a company is too cheap to buy a standard they are supposed to be compliant to, goodness knows where else they've cut corners.

Top Bottom