EXAM for Energy Managers and Energy Auditors (INDIA)

somashekar

Leader
Admin
As per the Energy Conservation Act 2001, (INDIA) it is mandatory for the designated consumers to designate or appoint an Energy Manager (under clause 14(l)]. The Secretary,Bureau of Energy Efficiency, New Delhi.(BEE) has been empowered to specify the qualification criteria and procedures for the certification of Energy Managers and qualifications for Accredited Energy Auditors.
See THIS for more details

SATHYABALARAMAN

Involved In Discussions
I have gone thru the website. In my understanding it is like correspondance course (Self study). Ours is a company of manufacturing of machined components & we are IMS (QMS,EMS,OHSAS) certified. Do we have to have an energy manager. Please advice.:confused:

somashekar

Leader
Admin
I have gone thru the website. In my understanding it is like correspondance course (Self study). Ours is a company of manufacturing of machined components & we are IMS (QMS,EMS,OHSAS) certified. Do we have to have an energy manager. Please advice.:confused:
Please have a good look into the Energy Conservation Act 2001, (INDIA) and understand what it means by designated consumers, under clause 14(l).
As a part of your own qualification addition, and enhancing human resource knowledge for the organization, this can also be considered.

List of Energy Intensive Industries and other establishments specified
as designated consumers
1. Aluminium;
2. Fertilizers;
3. Iron and Steel;
4. Cement;
5. Pulp and paper;
6. Chlor Akali;
7. Sugar;
8. Textile;
9. Chemicals;
10. Railways;
11. Port Trust;
12. Transport Sector (industries and services);
13. Petrochemicals, Gas Crackers, Naphtha Crackers and Petroleum Refineries;
14. Thermal Power Stations, hydel power stations, electricity transmission companies
and distribution companies;
15. Commercial buildings or establishments;
Here see the attachment.

Attachments

• ecact2001.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 138
Last edited:
Top Bottom