QFD (Quality Function Deployment) Software recommendations

T

takigiri

Trying to figure out what is better - MS Excel templates which can be easily customized or some packaged software? What do you use?
Thanks in advance!

Last edited by a moderator:
W

wmarhel

I'd go with Excel. It is the process behind QFD that is important, not the software package.

It is the same concept behind value stream mapping. Some people are more concerned with the "look" than they are with the process or results.

Wayne

T

takigiri

I'd go with Excel. It is the process behind QFD that is important, not the software package.

It is the same concept behind value stream mapping. Some people are more concerned with the "look" than they are with the process or results.

Wayne

Wayne, are the Excel and software package similar by their options?

W

wmarhel

Wayne, are the Excel and software package similar by their options?

The software packages are usually more "slick" in their appearance. The few packages I've seen attempt to walk you through the process, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. Whereas the QFD software/module will likely have it's own set of menus, Excel is pretty much the down and dirty variety. Technically though, you could go through the process with pen and paper if you desired.

QFD isn't something that you go through daily, so whether or not you could justify the investment is up to you and your company.

Wayne

Top Bottom