Controlling an Excel Spreadsheet (Database)

T

Tara Monson

Good morning,

I have an excel spreadsheet that will be used to draw descriptions for products for our new label system.

I need to have a method of controlling this so people can submit for changes with the appropriate approval.

We currently only have a change request for documents, which will reference design changes if necessary.

Does anyone have any input on this? Should I just modify our current form to be more of a "Change Control" form vs. a "Document Control"? Or come up with another system?

Thanks,
Tara

T

Taliesyn

Re: Controlling a Database

Tara,
I have a similar system. I use a simple document control system; "new", "change" or "delete" are the options. This is also used to control data in, for example, the register of document retention times & disposal methods.
Hope this helps!

I

isoalchemist

In a past life we treated labels as documents (specifications) so document control (change) form worked for us. Unless you have a real need, I advise against adding systems that may have similar functions. You may want to broaden your scope rather than adding processes.

T

Tara Monson

Hey thanks a lot guys! I was headed down that road but wanted to see if there was something better/easier that I was missing!

Appreciate the help!

Top Bottom