Definition QRQC - Quick Response Quality Control - A problem solving tool

C

Claude

Does someone knows what is QRQC ?
I have no more information except it's related to quality tools.
Thanks

Howard Atkins

Forum Administrator
Leader
Admin
Welcome to the cove

I searched with google and found this which appears to be relevant *** DEAD LINK REMOVED *** this is the French version and here *** DEAD LINK REMOVED *** in English

Please feel free to visit and discuss all the time but also try to search yourself.
Please tell us if this is what you want
All the best :bigwave:

he QRQC attitude: Quick Response Quality Control

How can we make more progress in quality? The future is decided in the field, by being in close touch with day-to-day production. Commitment from everybody is vital. The principle of QRQC as applied by Valeo and its suppliers.

* QRQC is a change of culture, of mindset.
* QRQC is not a tool or a system. It is a quality culture.
* Key factors for success: management commitment to the change of culture.
* The key question: What did you improve yesterday?
* Why QRQC? QRQC improves responsiveness and efficiency in problem-solving.
* How? By defining priorities and assigning responsibilities.

QRQC is based on "San Gen Shugi". What is "San Gen Shugi"?

San Gen Shugi is a Japanese expression meaning "the three reals":

* Gen-ba: the real place
* Gen-butsu: the real part
* Gen-jitsu: reality

How does one achieve success? By applying QRQC principles in the field each day, and by learning from experience in the field: NO IMAGINATION, JUST FACTS.

B

Bill Ryan - 2007

Welcome to the Cove :bigwave:

QRQC stands for exactly what Howard said it does, at least for one of our customers - which is a French owned company. It is a problem solving tool which incorporates the 5-Why, Fault Tree Analysis (for both Occurrence and Detection), and the 8D methodologies.

Howard Atkins

Forum Administrator
Leader
Admin
Bill Ryan said:
Welcome to the Cove :bigwave:

QRQC stands for exactly what Howard said it does, at least for one of our customers - which is a French owned company. It is a problem solving tool which incorporates the 5-Why, Fault Tree Analysis (for both Occurrence and Detection), and the 8D methodologies.
Have you any literature on it?

B

Bill Ryan - 2007

Howard Atkins said:
Have you any literature on it?
In fact, I'm leaving today for Rochester, NY, for two days training on the methodology (I guess I haven't been doing it correctly lately :rolleyes: ). I don't know if my customer's form is proprietary or not so I won't post it until I can find out. I will share what I learn over the next two days.

C

Claude

Thanks

Thank you for your help. It's exactly what I was looking for.
Best regards:)

B

Bill Ryan - 2007

So it's the end of day one and I must recant on my "definition" of above. QRQC is more than a problem solving tool. It is more of a culture or mindset which is applied to all aspects of your business. It emphasizes the "top / down" approach and also utilizes the "bottom / up" approach (with regards to communication avenues). The basis of QRQC is the rapid response to a quality/manufacturing issue, whether it's an external/internal customer or a supplier. It tries to drive C/A to the operator level, where they have control of the "event" and what they can't/don't have control over gets driven upward for necessary resources to fix the issue. One of the tools my customer has employed for documenting what happened is called the "PDCA" form which uses Factor Tree Analysis (very detailed and is directly linked to the PFMEA), 5-Why Analysis (to get to root cause), and some verification forms (along with documenting sorting/containment activities, etc.). As I mentioned before, this form "forces" you to look at all aspects of your system. This is nothing new - it is just the way our French owned customer expects (would like to see) us address issues for them.

Pretty tedious day today, and I'll review my notes closer after tomorrow's session and "finish" what my take is on what this is all about.

NOTE: My only "negative" is that this is geared more to the upper levels of management and it is only one of our customers' expectations. Many of our customers have their own, specific, means of indoctrinating a "newer" culture into the entire workforce. Hopefully my management will take what I bring back, compare it to other customers' expectations, and meld them together for a "system" that makes sense for our business.

Last edited by a moderator:

Howard Atkins

Forum Administrator
Leader
Admin
As we all know getting upper management involved is the biggest problem. I understand that the tool is geared for the UM and not the course.
:soap:
In general this could be good but the attitude of the customer that you are describing is part of what I call "industrial bullying". We are big do what I say or else.

A

andre bourret

Qrqc

Hello,

I'm new on this Forum, but I can give you some infos regarding QRQC deployement in the Company where I work.

QRQC is deployed as " Cultural mindset " not only as a tool.
All industrial activities using QRQC on daily basis :

Project, Production, Logistic, Purchasing, Quality...

Involved the UM is one of the problem, but after "on job training" some of UM people should be convinced by QRQC approach

Now, the big challenge for us is to fully deply the QRQC in the Suppliers with success ; I mean, we are waiting for a major improvement regarding the quality delivered by the Suppliers.

If you need further details...don't hesitate.

regards, :bigwave:

Andre

Top Bottom