Test records shall show actual test results data - 8.2.4.1 Inspection documentation

C

clara

Hi everyone,
I am rather confused about the clause " test records shall show actual test results dat ", does it mean we have to record all the value measured ?
All the production and inspection documentation are given by our customer. On the inspection report the criteria for acceptance is clearly defined but our customer only wants the inspection result presented by OK or NO.
Auditor raise a NC because the test result is not a value .
Is it nonconformed to the AS 9100 standard ?
Thanks very much for your advices.
Clara

antoine.dias

Quite Involved in Discussions
Re: 8.2.4.1 Inspection documentation - Test records shall show actual test results da

It actually says that :
" Test records shall show actual test results data when required by specification or acceptance test plan."

So, like it is stated it is necessary to record actual data - opposed to GO/NOGO or OK/NOK - when it is required by ........

I cannot see what the problem is..........maybe I am overlooking something here.

Best regards,

Antoine

Last edited:
B

BadgerMan

Re: 8.2.4.1 Inspection documentation - Test records shall show actual test results da

.........when required by specification or acceptance test plan."

:yes:

If the customer is truly allowing for attribute data rather than specifying variable data on the the test report, then your auditor is incorrect.

SteelMaiden

Super Moderator
Trusted Information Resource
Re: Test records shall show actual test results data - 8.2.4.1 Inspection documentati

All the production and inspection documentation are given by our customer. On the inspection report the criteria for acceptance is clearly defined but our customer only wants the inspection result presented by OK or NO.
Auditor raise a NC because the test result is not a value .
Is it nonconformed to the AS 9100 standard ?
Thanks very much for your advices.
Clara

What you report to the customer as OK or NO is OK for their test reports, but if you do not record the actual values within your own system, how can you ever hope to defend your position if something ever fails in the field? (customer complaint) I will be the last to claim any knowledge of AS 9100, but as a bussiness person, I would never want to send a test report to someone if I didn't document actual test results, not just yes or no, but the actual values. I know that doesn't answer your question about the nonconconformity, (or maybe it does), just my thoughts.

J

Jeff Frost

Re: Test records shall show actual test results data - 8.2.4.1 Inspection documentati

In summary what Clause 8.2.4.1 is requiring is that if required by the specification or test plan, test records must show actual results data, that is, the actual values of the test output, not simply go/no-go results. Actual test data is commonly referred to as variable data with go/no-go results being subjective data.

The key here is what is required by the specification (customer, national or international) and the agreed to test plan requirements. You could not perform pull test of the part that requires conformity to a specific value and only indicate "passed" (no data) on the test records.

Top Bottom