The Cove Business Standards Discussion Forums
Go Back   The Elsmar Cove Business Systems and Standards Discussion Forums > >
Forum Username

Elsmar Cove Forum Visitor Notice(s)

Wooden Line

Metrics (Measurement) of Operator Ownership - Page 2

Monitor the Elsmar Forum
Courtesy Quick Links

Links Elsmar Cove visitors will find useful in the quest for knowledge and support:

Jennifer Kirley's
Conway Business Services

Howard's
International Quality Services

Marcelo Antunes'
SQR Consulting, and
Medical Devices Expert Forum

Bob Doering
Bob Doering's Blogs and,
Correct SPC - Precision Machining

Ajit Basrur
Claritas Consulting, LLC

International Standards Bodies - World Wide Standards Bodies

AIAG - Automotive Industry Action Group

ASQ - American Society for Quality

International Organization for Standardization - ISO Standards and Information

NIST's Engineering Statistics Handbook

IRCA - International Register of Certified Auditors

SAE - Society of Automotive Engineers

Quality Digest

IEST - Institute of Environmental Sciences and Technology

Some Related Topic Tags
measurement and monitoring and test devices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Content Display Modes
  Post Number #9  
Old 3rd September 2007, 06:58 AM
potdar

Total Posts: 510
Re: Metrics (Measurement) of Operator Ownership

Quote:
In Reply to Parent Post by Manoj Mathur View Post

Many Thnaks to you all who have replied and thanks to all also who are having thought and shall be posting their thought. Here I shall be clarifying what I am required to do.

As you know I have joined ACMA -ACT . ACMA is Automotive Component Manufact. Association. ACT or ACMA center for Technology has evolved a Road Map wherein one module has OUTPUT as Operator Ownership. As Dr. Deming says Measurement is very much necessary. hence we want to measure this ownership. May I know from all of you by which method we can say that one perticular company has more operator ownership then another one.

Can we consider Number of Suggestions, Number of QC Teams etc. wtc.

Regards,

Manoj

The simplest single measure possibly would be an evaluation of the autonomous maintenance (Jishu Hozen) metric in TPM terms. Customised assessment formats may need to be designed to suit different operations.

Sponsored Links
  Post Number #10  
Old 3rd September 2007, 09:45 AM
RoxaneB

Total Posts: 3,016

Operator Ownership would, in my opinion, vary from industry to industry...and measuring for the sake of measuring is a waste of time. Nothing worse than collecting numbers but doing nothing with the data.

What is the value of knowing operator ownership? Personally, I am more interested in seeing how much control over a process an operator has...metrics and items that the operator is responsible for and that help ensure that the person directly responsible in the process is also responsible for the process.

However, all that of that being said, we do track operator involvement (is that the same as ownership?) in several areas such as:
  • Problem solving team participation
  • Routine Equipment Care participation
  • 5S participation
  Post Number #11  
Old 3rd September 2007, 08:40 PM
Stijloor

Total Posts: 15,334

Quote:
In Reply to Parent Post by Manoj Mathur View Post

ACT or ACMA center for Technology has evolved a Road Map wherein one module has OUTPUT as Operator Ownership.
Hello Manoj,

It appears to me that we are somewhat stuck on the definition of "Operator Ownership." This organization that you've mentioned in your post, how do they define this in their "Road Map?" As you have noticed, our responses to your question deal with activities and measurements. Please clarify.... Can you share that particular module with us so that we have a better understanding?

Stijloor.
  Post Number #12  
Old 10th August 2018, 03:50 AM
manohar2776

Total Posts: 3
Please Help! Re: Metrics (Measurement) of Operator Ownership

Hello Super Moderator,

Please reply me any jishu hozen checklist / checksheet for cnc & vmc machines.
I am very rare in elsmar but I find elsmar is most powerfull that anything can get here,
but I am not getting any jishu hozen checklist here.

Lower Navigation Bar
Go Back   The Elsmar Cove Business Systems and Standards Discussion Forums > >