Ratio of Quality Personnel to Normal Personnel in your Company?

P

Peter West

Hi Cove

I am just reading through a list of KPIs that a fellow coveist posted and the KPI on QA personnel to total personnel made me chortle. In our company we have approximately 3 dedicated quality people for a global business of approx 30 offices globally, and about 18 voluntary quality auditors (audit and report back to the 3 dedicated people).

It works out at about 2% of our workforce. :mg::nopity:

Out of interest I just wondered what other people's % or ratios were?

S

seank

Re: How many quality personnel to normal personnel in your company?

Hi,

We have around 48 people, over the EMEA markets, with 3 dedicated to Quality. 1 Director who looks after the whole Technical Services operations, 1 Quality Manager and 1 Quality Assistant, equates to roughly 6% of the workforce....... :)

S

SteveK

Hi Peter,

FYI we are a small medical device company (one site) and we have 3 dedicated QA/QC staff, which works out at approximately 11%.:2cents:

Steve

P

Piero

It depends on the sector and how much your confident about the process and the supervision.
I speak about construction in oil&gas and petrochemical industry.
We have around 5% of QA/QC personnel over the direct workers.

Some customers (like Aramco and Shell) require strict ratio between inspectors and workers. For example: "1 welding inspector every 10 welders" is a common requirement.

Piero

B

brahmaiah

Re: How many Quality Personnel to Normal Personnel in your Company?

Number of inspector varies from indusry to industry.If the organization is professional and Production Technology is less manual it requires less than 5% of the total manpower of the company.In a semiautomatic bearing industry QA persinnel could be 10%.If it is automatic machines the QA strength required could be 3% only.
In India if the QA strength is 10% of total strength,In Japan for the same industry it could be 3%.
V.J.Brahmaiah

S

somerqc

1:70 so ~1.5%

Jim Wynne

Leader
Admin

Hi Cove

I am just reading through a list of KPIs that a fellow coveist posted and the KPI on QA personnel to total personnel made me chortle. In our company we have approximately 3 dedicated quality people for a global business of approx 30 offices globally, and about 18 voluntary quality auditors (audit and report back to the 3 dedicated people).

It works out at about 2% of our workforce. :mg::nopity:

Out of interest I just wondered what other people's % or ratios were?

I like the unintentional irony in the thread title: quality personnel vs. normal personnel. :D A related joke:

Q: How many people do you have working in your company?
A: About half at any given time.

Jen Kirley

Quality and Auditing Expert
Leader
Admin

I like the unintentional irony in the thread title: quality personnel vs. normal personnel. :D A related joke:

Me too! :D To do what I do and keep coming back for it, I often feel sure I can't possibly be normal.

Not counting electrical test personnel, we have less than 1% dedicated to QA tasks. If you count the test personnel it would be more like 2.5% or so. If you count the engineers writing the code for the electrical test, it's closer to 4%. Add in the people taking care of the test equipment and the number goes up to perhaps 10%.

So goes the difficulty in doing such math. The boundaries of QA duties can be fuzzy.

Stijloor

Leader
Super Moderator

And to add an observation from Dr. Deming: "Half are above average, and half are below...:D

Stijloor.

bobdoering

Stop X-bar/R Madness!!
Trusted Information Resource

I love the inference that quality personnel are non-normal. We may finally be on the right track after all!:tg:

Top Bottom