Please help me interpret my GR&R results

T

tommyd327

Can someone please help me understand the results of this R&R study? I understand how to do the study but not interperete the results. On the right side of the spreadsheet are the results but I don't know what to make of them. Are the numbers supposed to be large or small? Under the "Measurement Unit Analysis" and "% Tolerance (Tol)" sections." When I see %EV and %R&R =68.1167, does that mean the equipment variation is using up 68% of the tolerance? Part variation (PV) says 7.3188. What does that mean? I've read a tons of thread on this but not understanding the answers. How do these readings relate to the gage and tolerance?

Thanks for the help,

Attachments

• 17 Cell Balancer Auto gage.xls
    330.5 KB · Views: 258
I

Ingo1966

Hello,

I am not sure if this is the correct Attachement because I can not find your figures %R&R =68.11. The Attachment which you provided here shows an "Prelininary" assessment of an automated gage. The individuel and moving range charts gives you an impression about stability but THIS METHOD CANNOT be used for FINAL GAGE ACCEPTANCE. (see P204 AIAG MSA 4th) For an automated Gage System the Repeatability Study can be done with Study 3 see attached Document. Hope it was useful.

Attachments

• Study 3.zip
    2.5 MB · Views: 229
Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom