Do Suppliers hire PPAP/APQP contract Auditors - Can I make a living as one?

P

prana - 2008

Don't know if this makes sense to ppl who hv been into PPAP and APQP for a while! But as a newbie, i just wish to know if a common external resource connected down the supply-chain will be sought after to ensure all-is-fine prior to the PPAP audit?
I am a common resource to a Die-casting company and their CNC Machinist - i provide CAD services, gauge&fixture design, aspiring to attend Six-Sigma Black belt and TS 16949 internal auditor training. I wish to know if it'd be useful if i got myself trained in the PPAP and APQP process, as they already involve me in it as an external source. Can i make a living outta this as an external resource?

Howard Atkins

Forum Administrator
Leader
Admin
Don't know if this makes sense to ppl who hv been into PPAP and APQP for a while! But as a newbie, i just wish to know if a common external resource connected down the supply-chain will be sought after to ensure all-is-fine prior to the PPAP audit?
I am a common resource to a Die-casting company and their CNC Machinist - i provide CAD services, gauge&fixture design, aspiring to attend Six-Sigma Black belt and TS 16949 internal auditor training. I wish to know if it'd be useful if i got myself trained in the PPAP and APQP process, as they already involve me in it as an external source. Can i make a living outta this as an external resource?

Welcome,
you probably could. PPAP is not an audit but rather the documentation of the process development. Unfortunately a large number of people just document it afterwards, and by someone who was not involved but can complete forms.

M

mustafa siddiqui

Hey my friend,
Welcome to the wealth of knowledge website.
I dont think so regarding the PPAP, but you can surely do so for the APQP process. If you have sufficient experience in Product Launches in various organizations, you could be making a living by leading projects as Indipendent consultant implementing APQP for corporates.
Again it depends on your confidence and your ability to sell your self.
A good salesman can sell a freezer in Antartica.(Some wise guy said that, which I agree with)

Top Bottom