Example of Man Hours Plan required by EASA

C

CA_86

Hello all,

Newbie here! I took an APU technician job at a 145 right out of college (just teardown) and three years later after our QA manager left somewhat briefly, I've been learning the ropes and filling in.

As any learning curve goes, I'm still learning. After a vendor audit on our facility, they found we did not have a man hours plan. After viewing the rule in the EASA manual (145.A.30(d)), it certainly calls for one. However, it does not specify the contents beyond the most vague outline of the requirements.

Unlike things like rosters of inspection personnel and such, I'm somewhat struggling to determine a specific way of illustrating what they're asking for.

Would some of the more experienced guys care to chime in on how this doc has been outlined previously?

:thanx:

E

eHemingway

For a small company, this can be done using excel. Create two tables on a spreadsheet, one to obtain manpower availability and the other to foresee workload.

1. Man power resources

Enter employee names in rows and working days in columns (e.g. Monday to Friday; this can also be done weekly)

Introduce number of working hours per day/week in each cell, and take into account holidays. E.g. for one employee on an 8-hour shift, 5 days a week you have 40 hours of manpower per week. If your staff number is 10 then you have 400 hours of man power per week.

Use formulas to determine man hours per month.

2. Work forecast

Make columns: work/project number, customer, status, date required, hours estimated, hours to complete (add/delete columns as required) You can estimate how long it takes to complete a certain job (e.g. overhaul inspection - 50 hours). Use formulas to get forecast hours per month.

Then you will have different options:
Man hours > forecast hours ? need more work/less workers (hopefully the first!)
Man hours ~ forecast hours ? OK
Man hours < forecast hours ? OK, if agreed with employees it can be covered by staff working extra hours
Man hours << forecast hours (e.g. <25%) ? contract more staff
Other important things that you need to consider:

• Holidays (planning this is vital)
  • People get sick (this happens more often than you think!)
  • Unscheduled work (e.g. overhaul inspection ? initially forecasted 50 hours but additional defects found on inspection that require 20 extra hours of man power)
  • Human performance (e.g. start with 80-85% and adjust as necessary)
I hope this helps.

:bigwave:

henryqueuk

Registered
Hello all,

Newbie here! I took an APU technician job at a 145 right out of college (just teardown) and three years later after our QA manager left somewhat briefly, I've been learning the ropes and filling in.

As any learning curve goes, I'm still learning. After a vendor audit on our facility, they found we did not have a man hours plan. After viewing the rule in the EASA manual (145.A.30(d)), it certainly calls for one. However, it does not specify the contents beyond the most vague outline of the requirements.

Unlike things like rosters of inspection personnel and such, I'm somewhat struggling to determine a specific way of illustrating what they're asking for.

Would some of the more experienced guys care to chime in on how this doc has been outlined previously?

:thanx:
Hi, I coming across the same situation, needing to create a man-hour-plan. Seen you post, I was just wondering if you had any luck creating it ? Thank you in advance.

Top Bottom