Service Industry (Staffing Company) ISO 9001 Certification

S

sufisara

Hello, I am a active reader of this forum. I have started ISO consulting for a staffing company. They have about 100 consultants on their W2. My question is how should I be treating the consultants,should I treat them as I would treat a product for product based industry or take a different approach.
I know will get the best advice for all the cove members.
Thank You
Sara

qusys

Trusted Information Resource
Re: Service Industry ISO 9001 Certification

Hello, I am a active reader of this forum. I have started ISO consulting for a staffing company. They have about 100 consultants on their W2. My question is how should I be treating the consultants,should I treat them as I would treat a product for product based industry or take a different approach.
Thank You
Sara

I think you should treat them as "resources"....:bigwave:

AndyN

Moved On
Thank You
Sara

Sara:
Welcome. I'm a little confused by your comments about staffing compared to the use of consultants and their services...

Can you clarify what this client actually provides as a service? That will help us to answer your questions.

S

sargedc

Thank You
Sara
Yes, the 100 consultants are the service providers "products". They are the vehicle by which the organization meets its customers' requirements.
You may find it interesting to review the training records of the consultants and assess whether their training reflects their position description the same as you would assess those of an employee building a product.
You may find continual improvement relative to the services provided very interesting as well.

S

sufisara

Well my concern is that these consultants, some of them are on companies W2 and placed in different locations. They are getting periodic evaluation but apart do I need to have more control established?

S

sargedc

I would look for evidence the consultants are consistently delivering the services they are contracted for. These may include field reports showing progress towards the organization meeting timelines and intermediate objectives established within the stated scope of the project the consultant is assigned to.
This is along the same lines as ensuring a purchased product meets the customer's requirements; except with your consultants service, achievement of customer expectations is taking place continually.

S

sufisara

The company does evaluate the consultant yearly for immigration as well as pay increase purpose. This evaluation is per their performance so that shows their consistent service.Is that sufficient or more needs to be done.

S

sargedc

The company does evaluate the consultant yearly for immigration as well as pay increase purpose. This evaluation is per their performance so that shows their consistent service.Is that sufficient or more needs to be done.
My questions regarding their evaluation would be;
1. Does the evaluation criteria match the duties and responsibilities in the job description?
2. What specific customer requirements being identified and met? What evidence is there to support this?

Top Bottom