RABQSA International (SUSPENDED)

dsanabria

Quite Involved in Discussions
I received an e-mail from one of the registrar and went to OASIS to verify the information and yes - under "Auditor Authentication Body" it has RABQSA International (SUSPENDED).

Anyone has additional information on this and does it affect auditors credential.

dsanabria

I'm hoping Sidney might have something more for us.

This is a statement from RABQSA representative..

"The suspension does not affect currently certified Aerospace Auditors, unless these auditors wish to expand their certification. RABQSA is unable to service any expansion of grades, as an extension of certification is considered a new application. RABQSA will still accept and service currently certified auditor?s renewal and re-certification applications. These auditor?s OASIS status is not affected either.

Anyone wishing to apply for RABQSA Aerospace certification are not able to do so at this time (this information will appear on the website, when the applicant attempts to apply online).

RABQSA is working with the RMC to rectify the situation as quickly as possible.

J

JoAnneP

I have seen the same thing and have not been able to find out anything. I sent an email to RABQSA trying to find out... can anyone else help???

Stijloor

Leader
Super Moderator
I have seen the same thing and have not been able to find out anything. I sent an email to RABQSA trying to find out... can anyone else help???

I agree, I am very curious to find out as to the WHY of the suspension. :D

J

Joy

It is a point of interest.Definitely,it is not for a good reason the suspension is imposed:) but IAQG/RMC could be more transparent to indicate the reason for suspension.When ANAB suspends a CB the reason is also mentioned- Technical/Financial and a similar practice could be adopted.
This is probably second suspension for RABQSA in recent months.Last time it was for training approval body.
It will be too early to guess but will it be the same path as IRCA adopted?It remained a mystery why IRCA withdrew from this scheme after so many years of service.The Certification Officer came to forum to explain but could not substantiate his logics as it is continuing business with other auditor approval business.
I have tasted both and both had some good qualities:D.

For new applicants- there are other alternatives (other than RABQSA and IRCA).Visit OASIS and click on Auditor approval bodies to find others.

B

Boingo-boingo

Re: IRCA and UK CMBC announce change to the ICOP scheme

RABQSA is now suspended by the IAQG, both as a Training Provider Approval Body and as an Auditor Authentication Body, according to the information in OASIS.
An email from RABQSA:
Dear Valued RABQSA Certified Aerospace Auditor,

This notice is to advise that RABQSA International?s status as an Aerospace Authentication Body (AAB) for personnel certification has been suspended by the RMC as of the 23rd January 2013.

RABQSA wishes to assure all currently certified personnel that their status in OASIS is not altered by this development.

However, whilst suspended, RABQSA cannot:
Accept any new Applications for Certification in Aerospace related Scheme?s;
Continue to process any existing new Application for Certification received; or
Proceed with any Application for Expansion of current Certification received.

RABQSA can continue to support auditor applications for re-authentication.

RABQSA understands that its inability to proceed with these tasks will cause inconvenience for our valued customers, but we are working directly with the RMC to rectify the situation and fully expect to have AAB Approval status returned in the shortest possible time.

RABQSA will send an update on status once Suspension is lifted.

Below are some commonly asked questions and answers, to provide you with more information regarding the suspension and how both you and RABQSA are affected.

Q1. What does this mean for my current RABQSA certification?

A. Your current RABQSA certification status and corresponding OASIS authentication is not affected; however, RABQSA is not able to process any Expansion of Grade applications while under suspension.

Q2. Will I still be able to conduct Aerospace audits?

A. Yes, you may continue to conduct audits, as your current authentication remains valid.

Q3. I am due for a recertification; can I still recertify?

A. Yes, RABQSA will continue to service your recertification without change. Upon meeting the recertification requirements, RABQSA will update your recertification date and OASIS authentication.

Q4. What does this suspension actual mean for RABQSA?

A. While under suspension, RABQSA is unable to accept any new Applications for Certification in the Aerospace related Schemes.

Q5. How long will the suspension last?

A. While RABQSA is unable to provide you with a definite date that the suspension will be lifted, please be assured that RABQSA is dedicated to rectifying this situation in the shortest possible timeframe.

Q6. Who can I contact if I have any additional questions?
A. Please feel free to contact Monique Inman, at [email protected], with any additional questions you may have.

Thank you for your continued support

Regards,
The RABQSA Team.

dsanabria

This is a statement from RABQSA representative..

"The suspension does not affect currently certified Aerospace Auditors, unless these auditors wish to expand their certification. RABQSA is unable to service any expansion of grades, as an extension of certification is considered a new application. RABQSA will still accept and service currently certified auditor?s renewal and re-certification applications. These auditor?s OASIS status is not affected either.

Anyone wishing to apply for RABQSA Aerospace certification are not able to do so at this time (this information will appear on the website, when the applicant attempts to apply online).

RABQSA is working with the RMC to rectify the situation as quickly as possible.

UPDATE:

The suspension was in regards to RABQSA submitting the AS9104/1 transition requirements after the deadline.

dsanabria

UPDATE:

The suspension was in regards to RABQSA submitting the AS9104/1 transition requirements after the deadline.

UPDATE: 2/8/2013

Dear Valued RABQSA Certified Aerospace Auditor,

RABQSA International recently wrote to you to advise that its status as an Aerospace Authentication Body (AAB) for personnel certification had been suspended by the RMC as of the 23rd January 2013.

I am now pleased to advise that this Suspension was lifted on the 8th February 2013 and as a result, RABQSA can now:

? Accept new applications for Certification in Aerospace related Scheme?s;

? Recommence processing all Applications for Authentication and Expansion currently at hand.

RABQSA apologizes for any inconvenience caused during this Suspension period and will be working diligently to process Applications for Authentication and Expansion in the shortest possible time (NOTE: re-authentication activity was not impacted by the Suspension).

Top Bottom