Fast Response Tracking Board (QSB+)

K

Krocpok

Does anyone have some experinece with using Fast Response Tracking Board (from GM's QSB+) ?

We put most of our quality and manufacturing issues on the board. The result is that everyday some new issues are written. Our board became full after a month (despite the fact that we've removed all exit criterias after corrective action implementing) and now we're going to buy another one :)

Now.. my question is - what kind of issues do you put on your board (how do you select your problems) and if you really use GM's 6 steps format (define, contain, root cause, correct, validate, institutionalize) to solve every issue there (it sometimes takes months to close one issue on the board when all exit criterias are present) ?

Thanks

D

deven_17

On QSB board, we put issues related to Quality only (not manufacturing). It includes Internal & External Rejections, Supplier Problems & PRRs.
If your plant has too many Value streams/ Customers, you can follow QSB for GM value streams only as QSB is requirement of GM only supplement to TS.
For Exit Criteria, the Lead time = 40 days.
If still, the issues are too much, we should get a big board.

K

Krocpok

Thanks, I think we'll have to use the board as well for quality issues only.

In my opinion, having predetermined timing for all exit criterias in advance (for ex. 7 days for root cause, 14 for corrective action and 30 for validation for ALL issues on the board) is a bad practice.

Every corrective action is different. Sometimes it takes 1 hour and sometimes 6 months to implement it. This also applies to validation. Sometimes corrective action effectiveness can be validated after a day. Sometimes, for ex. when the part will be manufactured after 5 months, it will take at least 5 months.

It's impossible to "fit" into this common timing. Therefore I think that timing for every issue should be specified separately.

D

deven_17

Hi Krocpok,

We have undergone a QSB + audit on last friday. Asked the same doubt with QSB auditor (GM - Egypt). He clarified that we can put 10-12 issues on the FRT board & rest can be tracked in soft copy. No need for New Board !! just maintain the FIFO & keep the latest ones on the board.

hope that helps..

K

Krocpok

Ok, thanks...

We've already bought the new one. Some of old issues have been closed so I decided to use new one for assigning simple tasks for the stuff. For ex. when layered audit finds that there are some informations missing in job instructions, the task will be to correct the instruction for tommorow. 6 steps format will be in use for more severe problems only (quality issues, customer complains etc.)

C

Cheetha

Hello
I am new here and I also have some questions related to QSB+ on Fast Response as well. I would appreciate if some body could advice.

1) What method to use on this " All information which can affect the next shifts have to be passed across and documented" ?

2) What kind of reported out since the meeting is fast and no body will take note and do the report every days? (How to issue reported out)

3) IS Drill Deep (5 Why) needed for identifying root cause?

I will be appreciated for any other information/Knowledge about QSB+ audit. I really need help :confused:

K

Krocpok

Hi,

1) What method to use on this " All information which can affect the next shifts have to be passed across and documented" ?

You can use shift book, where all the necessarry informations about what happenned on the previous shift are documented (if there was any problem, shift leader will simply make a note in the shift book). It's good to review shift books from last day during fast response meeting.

2) What kind of reported out since the meeting is fast and no body will take note and do the report every days? (How to issue reported out)

Problem owners should keep their problem solving reports up to date (update it when anything new happened, for ex. when they identified a root cause or implemented some actions) and they may bring actual version of the report on the meeting. Fullfilling of several positions in the report takes only few minutes.

3) IS Drill Deep (5 Why) needed for identifying root cause?

I would say that it's helpful, but not obligatory. You can use various tools for root cause identification (it depends on the nature of the problem which method will be most effective). But remember that when your problem escaped to the customer (for ex. you delivered nonconforming parts and received complaint) you should identify the root cause of why your control process failed.

Last edited by a moderator:

haisyc

Registered
On QSB board, we put issues related to Quality only (not manufacturing). It includes Internal & External Rejections, Supplier Problems & PRRs.
If your plant has too many Value streams/ Customers, you can follow QSB for GM value streams only as QSB is requirement of GM only supplement to TS.
For Exit Criteria, the Lead time = 40 days.
If still, the issues are too much, we should get a big board.
Could you share to me alls documents for those, I need it to learn and do... Many thanks from James

Top Bottom