Applying VDA 6.2/6.3 in a Logistics Company

A

azi shafie

Hi!

I'm working in the logistic/warehouse company based in Malaysia.
Recently I've been asked by my Manager to do a gap analysis on our current operation process against the VDA 6.2 & 6.3.Actually this is a direction from our parent company in German.
I never attend any training on the VDA, & my only source of information is through the material from the internet. Perhaps my level of understanding on the VDA could be wrong.
What I understand is, the VDA is mainly for the automotive manufacturing and quite similar with the ISO/TS 16949. It is hard for me to sort which requirements shall our company complied to & which is shall be excluded.

Happy to have a quick feedback from you guys.

Thanks.

qusys

Trusted Information Resource
Hi!

I'm working in the logistic/warehouse company based in Malaysia.
Recently I've been asked by my Manager to do a gap analysis on our current operation process against the VDA 6.2 & 6.3.Actually this is a direction from our parent company in German.
I never attend any training on the VDA, & my only source of information is through the material from the internet. Perhaps my level of understanding on the VDA could be wrong.
What I understand is, the VDA is mainly for the automotive manufacturing and quite similar with the ISO/TS 16949. It is hard for me to sort which requirements shall our company complied to & which is shall be excluded.

Happy to have a quick feedback from you guys.

Thanks.

I do not know your level of knowledge of the standards and auditing techniques.
However, I made a research in this forum in attachment post with keyword VDA.
See these examples of check list:
http://elsmar.com/Forums/fileslist.php?mode=allfiles&sortby=filename&pageamt=1&criteria=vda

Going into deatils with my experience of VDA auditor, for warehouse you can apply the portion 6.3 of VDA 6.3 related to:
Transport/ Parts Handling/ Storage/Packaging
Key point are following according to check list:
Are the quantities/ Production lot size matched to the requirements and are they purposefully forwarded to the next work station?
Are products/components appropriately stored and are the transport means/packaging equipment tuned to the special properties of the product/ components?
Are rejects, rework and adjustment parts, as well as internal residues strictly separated and identified?
Is the material and parts flow secured against mix ups/ exchanges by mistake and traceability guaranteed?
Are tools, equipment and inspection, measuring and test equipment stored correctly?

L

lk2012

Hi,
I assume you're trained to TS16949. If yes, VDA's not too different. It's only lots more prescriptive.

I suggest that you get the VDA6.3 book asap and then do an in-depth analysis using the questions starting on p.54.

There's a new VDA issue coming out specialized in service organisations (I've got the same problem, we're a Sales & Distribution company). The update and training should be available after September as far as I've heard from my tutor.

Best of luck!

Top Bottom