Software upgrade - 070515 --> 070528

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
The server is running slow this morning. I'm working on the problem now.

Also.... vBulletin has released a semi-major upgrade. I will probably doing the software upgrade this weekend along with an upgrade of the MediaWiki software.

Marc

Leader
Re: Slow server and Software upgrade - 070515

As luck would have it, vB just released another update. Apparently the 3.6.6 release induced several bugs, so I'll be waiting another week before upgrading to make sure this 3.6.7 release is stable.

I had to reboot the server yesterday which seems to have helped with the slowness issue, but I haven't pinned down a definite cause. I think it's a setting in the php ini file that defines connection persistence. I may have to recompile php soon.

Jim Wynne

Leader
Admin
Re: Slow server and Software upgrade - 070515

For what it's worth, I didn't notice any sluggishness; everything seemed to be flowing normally.

Marc

Leader
17 May 2007 - More server issues

For what it's worth, I didn't notice any sluggishness; everything seemed to be flowing normally.

You probably weren't on yet - It was about 6 AM here when I got up and noticed it. It was only slow for a few hours I think.

But - To continue on - 17 May 2007 - Something is going on and I have not yet been able to solve the problem. As some of you know, the 'Fileslist' 'hack' is from an old version of vBulletin. For what ever reason I am getting database timeouts (too many connections) from it. I do not know what started it as it has been working OK. It is temporarily not available while I look at the 'Too Many Connections' MySQL issue.

I don't think that is the root cause. I think there is a MySQL or php issue, but I'm definitely not knowledgeable in them. The person who usually does server maintenance for me is stumped so I have to look for someone else to take a look and try to figure out what's happening. I'll keep you informed of progress.

Marc

Leader
Re: Slow server and Software upgrade - 070515 --> 070528

Doing some software upgrades while things are slow here over the weekend and holiday.

Let me know if any problems pop up for you.

Coury Ferguson

Moderator here to help
Trusted Information Resource

Doing some software upgrades while things are slow here over the weekend and holiday.

Let me know if any problems pop up for you.

I did notice something, but it was only a distraction no big thing.

When I opened posts to read, the screen reflected the total number of thanks or thanked post (well defined) with the thanks buttons and spam buttons on the bottom of the screen were reflecting multiple (duplicated) buttons.

Coury Ferguson

Moderator here to help

I did notice something, but it was only a distraction no big thing.

When I opened posts to read, the screen reflected the total number of thanks or thanked post (well defined) with the thanks buttons and spam buttons on the bottom of the screen were reflecting multiple (duplicated) buttons.

After reboot of my computer the issues seem to be gone. It must have been something on my side.

Marc

Leader

You will be seeing a number of formatting changes. It takes me a day or two to go in and make modifications. You may also notice that the forums will NOT appear exactly as they did because of some major template and file changes.

I also have had to disable some 'hacks' (module add-ons) and if they have not been updated for this vrsion of vBulletin Ican't put them back in (until they are updated).

I apologise for the disruption, but so it goes. I guess I should have a sign hanging out there which reads "Remodeling - Please Excuse Our Dust" or something like that.

I hope to have all the changes completed by late tomorrow.

NOTE: Make sure to clear your browser cache. Some changes will not be evident until you do.

One thing that will be different is the location of the Thanks button. I don't like it where it is and will try to change it back to where it was, but the hack has changed so for the moment....

Again, please don't hesitate to report 'bugs' or problems in this thread, including layout issues.

Coury Ferguson

Moderator here to help

As I said Marc no big thing. You are always improving this site and my thanks go out to you.

:thanx:

Top Bottom