Show us what you make or Tell us what you do!

M

MysterHK

We, here on the Cove, come from such diverse manufacturing/service disciplines and I thought maybe this might be a good opportunity for everyone to show us some of the things that we make/do from our respective employers.

Here are a few samples from mine:

Attachments

• machineshop 030a.jpg
    machineshop 030a.jpg
    336.9 KB · Views: 270
  • machineshop 033a.jpg
    machineshop 033a.jpg
    385.7 KB · Views: 261
  • machineshop 038a.jpg
    machineshop 038a.jpg
    282.7 KB · Views: 248
  • machineshop 039a.jpg
    machineshop 039a.jpg
    275.3 KB · Views: 265
Last edited by a moderator:

Manix

Get Involved!!!
Trusted Information Resource
Re: Show and Tell

Thanks for sharing, some interesting parts there. I would love to, but I think it is probably more than my jobs worth to post pictures here! I have attached a generic picture that I have just randomly selected from those available. It is actually an animated gif but not sure if it will animate in every one's browser.

We also do interior automotive trim and other audio peripherals.

Attachments

• Speaker Animation.gif
    Speaker Animation.gif
    123.8 KB · Views: 334
K

KWalls - 2008

Here are a few of the pieces we produce.

The first is called an Optical Bench (17-4 Stainless Steel 21 operations, mirror mount. Tolerances of .0002 for angularity and .0004 for position.) Size: 1.5" x 3" x 7"

The second is a Bracket Pulley (slat) (7075 Aluminum substitute part to replace a casting that is no longer available. Made from solid. 8 operations to complete.) Size: 12" x 12" x 4"

The third is a Beam for the Aft Parachute Mount (Made from 7075 Aluminum, machined complete in 2 rough and 2 finish operations with .050 +/- .005 floors used to mount parachutes for a resusable rocket program.) Size: 9" x 56" x 3"

Attachments

• optical bench.jpg
    optical bench.jpg
    4 KB · Views: 241
  • bracket pulley, slat.jpg
    bracket pulley, slat.jpg
    8.2 KB · Views: 247
  • beam, aft Parachute mount.jpg
    beam, aft Parachute mount.jpg
    4.5 KB · Views: 227
G

Geoff Withnell

Since I'm a consultant, we don't make things, we try to straighten out the mess, as shown below. Grin!

Attachments

• before.jpg
    before.jpg
    5.5 KB · Views: 259
  • before2.jpg
    before2.jpg
    4.3 KB · Views: 206
  • after1.jpg
    after1.jpg
    3.3 KB · Views: 304
  • after2.jpg
    after2.jpg
    2.9 KB · Views: 281
C

Craig H.

I guess I could show a pile of white powdered clay, but I don't think that would make much sense to most folks. If I was to show pictures of the things that contain our clay I could show pictures of plastics, paint, and such.

For folks in the U.S., I think it is safe to say that at some point you have used a product containing our clay. Do you drive a car, for instance? Have paint in/on your house?

We are not only under the radar, we are likely in it and on it.

M

MysterHK

I guess I could show a pile of white powdered clay, but I don't think that would make much sense to most folks. If I was to show pictures of the things that contain our clay I could show pictures of plastics, paint, and such.

For folks in the U.S., I think it is safe to say that at some point you have used a product containing our clay. Do you drive a car, for instance? Have paint in/on your house?

We are not only under the radar, we are likely in it and on it.

Craig,

No one industry is insignificant. All industries have an interdependent relationship, at least in my view. Some industries sustain others. If we have the wisdom to learn, all industries may teach us their virtues. We can learn ways that all may benefit.

SteelMaiden

Super Moderator
Trusted Information Resource

I am somewhat like Craig. You've likely driven over us, definitely used something that was carried in something made from us, if you live in something more permanent than a tent, somebody used us to build the equipment that gave you a foundation, etc. But, looking at a piece of steel is not really exciting by itself.

Craig and I are the workhorses of the world (along with a lot of other commodity suppliers) We shall leave the fancy horse show stuff to the rest of you. You look so nice all shined up, we are proud of you.:agree1: Together we make all the things that make the world go round!

D

Doug

:bigwave:
Bulk supplier of steel sheet for EVERYTHING!!!
Not much in the way of interesting pictures, unless you you would like to see a 250 ton BOP furnace being charged. :cool:

C

Craig H.

I am somewhat like Craig. You've likely driven over us, definitely used something that was carried in something made from us, if you live in something more permanent than a tent, somebody used us to build the equipment that gave you a foundation, etc. But, looking at a piece of steel is not really exciting by itself.

Craig and I are the workhorses of the world (along with a lot of other commodity suppliers) We shall leave the fancy horse show stuff to the rest of you. You look so nice all shined up, we are proud of you.:agree1: Together we make all the things that make the world go round!

Ah, but Steel, you and I are in the unique position to seperate opur companies from our commodity competitors by helping to make sure our products always work like they should. We have had many customers leave based on price, only to come back later when they figure out that if the product ain't there, they can't use it, and if the product shuts them down for quality issues, that great price suddenly looks very expensive. Cool gig, isn't it?

I'm not much on horse shows anyway. Last time I rode one it threw me off.

Top Bottom