Promoting 5S in the Work Place - What's the best way to do it?

5Spromoter

Hi everyone! I need help on how to promote 5S in the work place?
I need your ideas within the week... specific promotional activities and contests... thanks :bigwave:

5Spromoter

hI harry. thanks... could you help me site some promotional activities or perharps contest or some motivational activities so as people would be entice to join:bigwave:

G

guruprasadb

Hi,

To promote 5s may be starting with the 1S & 2S in the office area or admin block in Draw , racks & file storage area. then further displaying the change before and after , initiating first non production or manufacturing areas such as Admin block , data storage area, office area, support fucntions like inspections, stores, maintenance in a phased manner

S

ssz102

yes, 5S need to be starting from 1S&2S in production line or warehouse; meanwhile, you would be better find out somewhere as a demonstrate sample, also implementing 5S is a long time and continually improvement process

T

TShepherd

By using the carrot method (some type of contest) you may be creating winners and losers I would suggest staying away from that because it pits one group against the other and there is normally only a few winners and a lot of losers and they are not stupid they will know what your doing.

I agree with creating an example first small and then expanding.

Good luck

Tom:2cents:

Randy

Super Moderator
By saying "Hey, we're gonna do 5S and this is what it can do for you" and then do it....Don't ask for permission or a vote or a consensus of opinion, make a decison, voice an announcement and then do it.

R

RosieA

Do a walk-about and red tag areas that need a good 5S-ing. Do before and after pictures, so people can see the differences. Don't forget offices.

5Spromoter

Hi Everyone! We have already done all these things mentioned... We have done Level 1 of 5S... Announcements, Pilot Area,...etc... Its the retention and sustainment of 5S which is the problem...

Could you provide me specific motivational activities or contests or promotions on sustaining 5S activity...

somashekar

Leader
Admin
Hi everyone! I need help on how to promote 5S in the work place?
I need your ideas within the week... specific promotional activities and contests... thanks :bigwave:
Can you get everyone to dispose what they have within their control but have not used in over the last ... say 18 months ?
Perhaps they never need it.
5S can start with making space for needed stuff and discarding stuff not needed. Then you get place for everything and everything can go to its place.

Top Bottom