HACCP for Packaging, Labeling and Warehouse of Food Products

rmurp

Starting to get Involved
Looking for guidance on packaging and warehouse of food products. All we do at our facility for our food product is package, label, warehouse and ship. I have heard conflicting responses on whether we need a HACCP in place. Thoughts and guidance..

I

idoldai

What product type you are packing? With primary packaging? Or without? Replacing or re-filling job. All these maybe helpful for you to think about what HACCP you need.

rmurp

Starting to get Involved
Gum and Mints are the only food we have at our facility. Mints are a dock to stock item. They are already labeled with lot and expire dates, so they are just placed in the warehouse until sold. Gum comes in blisters and we package into boxes, label and place in warehouse until shipped to customers.

E

Elynn

In my opinion, there is no need to implement HACCP if only use as warehousing facility. However, if there is food safety handling procedure, such as wrapping before labelling the dates, it would be good to assess the CCP in the process. Also, at the end of it, think of the product tracibility in the food chain. This is also part of HACCP.

D

dvaniah

We've got a similar issue. As a food packaging manufacturer, we've been asked by one of our customers to implement HACCP, but we need to get training and certification. We're located in New England, but I have been unable to find any training in the region. Any suggestions?

P

patriot19472001

Looking for guidance on packaging and warehouse of food products. All we do at our facility for our food product is package, label, warehouse and ship. I have heard conflicting responses on whether we need a HACCP in place. Thoughts and guidance..

Dear Associate,

Hope that you are doing well. I just want to say that now a days i'm working on this. We have a food packing warehouse where we are packing fruits and vegetables growed in our Farms. So we planned to certify this unit along with other 6 units such as dairy, Poultry, Quail etc for ISO 22000. As i will complete HACCP study i will share with you. If you will also share the information with me it will be more helpful for both of us to make the study and practices stronger.

If you believe on "Sharing is caring" then you can mail me:)

Regards,

Ghulam Mustafa

D

dvaniah

rmurp,
1) Have any of your customers asked you to implement a HACCP plan? If not, it may not be necessary.

2) I started a thread asking about HACCP training and got several good links. You might want to check my thread and check out some of those links.

Good luck to you.

Q

Qualityislife

hi every one
it is nice to join this helpful discussion
for the question I think it is good enough to implement good storage practices and some good manufacturing practices if necessary.
I have a question please
Is there any special things to do with HACCP to implement it in a poultry farm?
your answer is highly appreciated.
Ahmed :bigwave:

Top Bottom