Great Article, Steve! "Lead to Succeed" - in Quality Progress

Tim Folkerts

Trusted Information Resource
I just saw Steve Prevette's article - "Lead to Succeed" - in Quality Progress. Great Job! :applause::agree1:

I highly recommend that any ASQ members watch for it in the mail or check the ASQ website. The whole article provided useful, interesting, well-written advice. In fact, the only problem I saw was in the credits, where Steve was named the past chair of the "Columbia Basic Section" rather than the "Columbia Basin Section". ;)

Congratulations on a well-written and valuable article.:cool:

Tim F

Wes Bucey

Prophet of Profit
I concur. A nice synopsis of stuff Steve has been writing in his posts here in the Cove and in the ASQ Discussion Forums for years. I thought it especially significant that his boss's boss's boss (The VP 3 corporate levels above Steve) was persuaded to write a short memo corroborating Steve's views to run as a sidebar to the article.

Indeed! Kudos to Steve. We'll see if ASQ will relent and make the article available for general viewing. (I didn't bother to delete my cookies identifying me as an ASQ member to see if non-ASQ members can already read it.)

ASQ has done so for other articles which carry a message for a wide audience. I'm not sure who has final say on that, but the Quality Progress editor, Debbie, has been very open to such requests in the past. After all, it was she who requested the article in the first place.

Wes Bucey said:
(I didn't bother to delete my cookies identifying me as an ASQ member to see if non-ASQ members can already read it.)
You don't have to. Unfortunately, we can't: ASQ Member number and password required.

/Claes

Wes Bucey

Prophet of Profit
Claes Gefvenberg said:
You don't have to. Unfortunately, we can't: ASQ Member number and password required.

/Claes
OK. Steve comes back from a combination business trip and vacation today or tomorrow. I'll discuss it with him. ASQ has "guidelines" that author's submissions become ASQ copyright if published. (many other magazines merely request "first or second serial rights" which allow an author to keep his own copyright)

:topic: The ASQ policy is one which has kept me from ever submitting an article there - that and the fact they don't pay!:rolleyes: I've never been able to eat "glory."

Steve Prevette

Deming Disciple
Leader
Super Moderator
Author's response

Thanks for the great comments.

QP editing always causes me some problems. Note that my name is "Stephen" in the table of contents. And actually I am the present (as well as a past) chair of my section.

But it is a great platform to get the word out and say - this stuff really works, and you don't need a Black Belt.

I feel it best not to repost the article here as I think that would be stretching the copyright too far, but I will email a pdf copy to anyone who drops me an email, since I do retain some copyright control as the author. Besides, I do want to encourage folks to join ASQ :yes:

[email protected]

Top Bottom