What is the duration of the RAPS RAC (EU) Exam?

F

Fifi2006

Hi,
What is the duration of the RAC (EU) Exam? Has anyone done this exam, want to share your experience?

F.

Last edited by a moderator:

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
Bump - Has anyone taken this test who can give some feedback? My Thanks in advance!

Ajit Basrur

Leader
Admin
Hi,
What is the duration of the RAC (EU) Exam? Has anyone done this exam, want to share your experience?

F.

The exam consists of 100 multiple-choice questions with two hours to complete.

Sorry, I havent given the exam but some of our covers who have appeared for that exam will cdertainly contribute :)

paulag

Involved In Discussions
Just having taken the RAC EU Exam last week, I can tell you you have two hours for the 100 multiple choice questions. The duration was ok to go through every question, but I had not enough time left to double-check those questions which I have marked for review...

No idea if I made it or not, though... results coming in a couple of weeks

S

Sarah Stec

I test pretty quickly regardless, so I finished the 100 questions in about 75 minutes and had time to go through almost all the questions to double-check my answers. But YMMV depending on your testing style.

I took lots of practice tests beforehand to get an idea for the different ways the questions ask their questions, so I didn't have to spend much time figuring out what the question was asking before I figured out the answer.

paulag

Involved In Discussions
yes, I suppose I should have taken some test exams :bonk: But maybe I make it, nevertheless.

Crossing fingers for you, Sarah!

S

Sarah Stec

Oh, I've already completed and passed it, so I'm crossing my fingers for you! :)

D

decent

Hi Sarah,

Do you recommend any strategy for the RAC US. I will be taking the exam soon. Do you think just reading off the Fundamentals book and taking the practice exams from RAPS is sufficient ?

Please help. I am really nervous :(

S

Sarah Stec

I didn't take the RAC US, so I don't know of any RACUS-specific strategies. And a lot of it depends on how you take tests. I have my multiple-guess testing strategy down to a science, so I just applied it to the RAC. It really depends in your testing and learning style.

I learn by reading, talking about it (probably most annoying to my colleagues), and then practicing it. So, I would read the chapters in the Fundamentals book, talk it through with my study group (even through hypotheticals), and then do practice tests. Then (and this is the important part) I would correct the practice tests and do two things: analyze how many I got wrong/right in each area, and read through the answer responses to learn why the answer choices are what they are. The first part is how you learn what you need to really study, the second part is how you learn what the questions are really asking for. Another output to this method is that you know what kinds of questions the test will ask. Then you know whether or not you really need to memorize all those foods regulations.

If you're one of those people that can magically do really well at random multiple-guess tests, then you may not need to go through all this. I'm not, so this is what I do.

:2cents:

L

LittleG

I didn't take the RAC US, so I don't know of any RACUS-specific strategies. And a lot of it depends on how you take tests. I have my multiple-guess testing strategy down to a science, so I just applied it to the RAC. It really depends in your testing and learning style.

I learn by reading, talking about it (probably most annoying to my colleagues), and then practicing it. So, I would read the chapters in the Fundamentals book, talk it through with my study group (even through hypotheticals), and then do practice tests. Then (and this is the important part) I would correct the practice tests and do two things: analyze how many I got wrong/right in each area, and read through the answer responses to learn why the answer choices are what they are. The first part is how you learn what you need to really study, the second part is how you learn what the questions are really asking for. Another output to this method is that you know what kinds of questions the test will ask. Then you know whether or not you really need to memorize all those foods regulations.

If you're one of those people that can magically do really well at random multiple-guess tests, then you may not need to go through all this. I'm not, so this is what I do.

:2cents:

Hi Sarah, thanks for the tips.

I'm planning on taking the RAC this fall if everything pans out and if I'm ready...

I started RAC(US) workshop here in the Raleigh, NC area offered by our local regulatory affairs chapter (North Carolina Regulatory Affairs Forum or NCRAF).

Top Bottom