The Cove Business Standards Discussion Forums More Free Files Forum Discussion Thread Post Attachments Listing Cove Discussion Forums Main Page
UL - Underwriters Laboratories - Health Sciences
Go Back   The Elsmar Cove Business Systems and Standards Discussion Forums > Common Quality Assurance Processes and Tools > Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning
Forum Username

Elsmar Cove Forum Visitor Notice(s)

Wooden Line

Work Area (Production Shop Floor) Training Matrix Requirements

Elsmar XML RSS Feed
Elsmar Cove Forum RSS Feed

Monitor the Elsmar Forum
Sponsor Links

Courtesy Quick Links

Links that Cove visitors will find useful in your quest for knowledge:

International Standards Bodies - World Wide Standards Bodies

ASQ - American Society for Quality

International Standards Organization - ISO Standards and Information

Howard's
International Quality Services

Marcelo Antunes'
SQR Consulting, and
Medical Devices Expert Forum

Bob Doering
Bob Doering's Blogs and,
Correct SPC - Precision Machining

Ajit Basrur
Claritas Consulting, LLC

NIST's Engineering Statistics Handbook

IRCA - International Register of Certified Auditors

SAE - Society of Automotive Engineers

Quality Digest

IEST - Institute of Environmental Sciences and Technology

Some Related Topic Tags (Not all threads are Tagged)
automotive industry, training (general), training plan and training matrix

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Content Display Modes
  Post Number #1  
Old 22nd September 2014, 07:46 AM
PeggyLHS

Total Posts: 9
Question Work Area (Production Shop Floor) Training Matrix Requirements

Hello,
I am a quality systen engineer from automotive industry.
Would like to ask whether most the automotive is required to show the training matrix at work area (Production shop floor)?

Currently, I have an issue with the team leader that they have the difficulty of printing the large copy of traning matrix and display at work area. Also, they have to keep updating when any of new starter have moved to the area for temperoary work dur to the quite at other area.
What is the timing to update the training matrix? Daily, weekly or quarterly?

Wonder in your work area of automotive industry has a policy or work instuartion or etc. which documented of how to deal with training matrix. review with the shop floor team leader. Much appreciate with your feedback.

Thank you

Last edited by PeggyLHS; 22nd September 2014 at 08:38 AM.

Sponsored Links
  Post Number #2  
Old 22nd September 2014, 08:39 AM
Marc

Total Posts: 25,726
Re: Work Area (Production Shop Floor) Training Matrix Requirements

I am not aware of a requirement that a training matrix be publicly displayed. My understanding is it must exist, must be kept current, and must be "readily available". I know some companies have machine/operator station specific matrices that they keep available at the point of use. Since they're relatively specific it could be posted, but most that I have seen use an online document or binders at the point of use.
Sponsored Links

Post Number #3  
Old 22nd September 2014, 09:59 AM
TShepherd

Total Posts: 78

Nor am I aware of any requirement for training records to be displayed at the work station - however some companies use a Pay For Knowledge system that indicates that the workforce displays the proof of training / education and compentency at the work station; the more a person knows and the greater the flexibility - the higher the pay rate.

A second reasoning may be due to a customer specific requirement.

From an !SO or TS certification - I don't believe this is true.

Tom
  Post Number #4  
Old 22nd September 2014, 10:08 AM
PeggyLHS

Total Posts: 9

Thank you guys.

I think I have more definate answer for the feedback to shop floor.
And, I will review again the customer specific requirement for training matrix requirement.

Me , perosnally think that if the person is able to show or demonstrate to the auditor about the up-to-date of training matrix , that is enough.
  Post Number #5  
Old 22nd September 2014, 07:33 PM
kgott

Total Posts: 1,027

Quote:
In Reply to Parent Post by PeggyLHS View Post

Hello,
I am a quality systen engineer from automotive industry.
Would like to ask whether most the automotive is required to show the training matrix at work area (Production shop floor)?

Currently, I have an issue with the team leader that they have the difficulty of printing the large copy of traning matrix and display at work area. Also, they have to keep updating when any of new starter have moved to the area for temperoary work dur to the quite at other area.
What is the timing to update the training matrix? Daily, weekly or quarterly?

Wonder in your work area of automotive industry has a policy or work instuartion or etc. which documented of how to deal with training matrix. review with the shop floor team leader. Much appreciate with your feedback.

Thank you
Perhaps a large whiteboard with the matrix drawn on it and details added can be put up in the workplace and it can be updated and maintained by the workshop with your input, might work

Lower Navigation Bar
Go Back   The Elsmar Cove Business Systems and Standards Discussion Forums > Common Quality Assurance Processes and Tools > Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning