Fundamentals of Industrial Management - CCS Manual Online

D

Don Winton

I received this recently and thought I would share it with the group.

-------Snip-------

DENizens,

I was starting to get pressure from folks wanting the CCS Manual available on the DEN web site. I have been working on an "elegant" solution... OK - in a case of "form follows function" a bare bones page is now up at:

***DEAD LINK REMOVED***

This is _The Fundamentals of Industrial Management - CCS Management Course_ written and taught by Homer Sarasohn and Charles Protzman in Japan immediately following the Second World War in the late 1940's. This is, in my opinion, a critical part of the history of management and quality.

The good folks at CSIRO in the 'land downunder' - specifically Nick Fisher and Suzanne Lavery put alot of work into converting a 50 year old document to a series of 15 <.pdf> files for easy downloading. Homer Sarasohn has reviewed the work and provides a few notes. When you go to the page above, pull down File #1 first, which is the front pages of the book -- these explain the work and provide Homer's current thoughts.

You may have noted the word "giants" in the web address. This will be the first addition to a new section of the DEN web site to be called "On the Shoulders of Giants" There is alot of research going on of the people that preceded Dr. Deming and whose shoulders he frequently acknowledged. This section will begin to house the fruits of that research.

Thanks to Homer and the folks at CSIRO - we now have access to this key document - thanks to them!!!

Jim Clauson [email protected]
Breakthrough Systems http://www.jclauson.com

-------End Snip-------

Regards,
Don

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Don Winton

No poblem. I try to keep my eye out for jewels like this. For the most part, the DEN listserve is pretty tame, but on occasion, a jewel slips in.

Regards,
Don

BTW, Welcome back!

[This message has been edited by Don Winton (edited 01-23-99).]

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
Don:

I assume you read the CCS manual? I never saw it before. Just read thru some of it. I'm impressed!

D

Don Winton

Marc,

Like yourself, I have given it an overview for now. I marked areas for detailed reading at a later time (if I ever get any time). But, it is an impressive work.

Regards,
Don

C

Chicoria

I have been looking for this, but it doesn't seem to be there any more - the site is for sale. Any other way to get it. I have looked all over and no links and no copies for sale that I can find. Any help on this?

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
Since this thread is from 1999 the information is probably long gone and I doubt anyone here has copies from back then - But you never know.

I don't know where you can get copies today. Maybe one of the others here can help. Don still stops by from time to time - It may be that he can help if he reads this.

As an "extra":

Stranger in a Strange Land: How Homer Sarasohn Brought Industrial Quality to Japan and Why It Took Japan So Long to Learn

QualityMgt_Japan_Origins_26Oct08.pdf

CCS Memos

Kenneth Hopper Archives

Claremont Library - Sarasohn

C

Chicoria

Thank you very much, Don and Marc, for the providing me with this valuable data. A pity that Homer's work is not more readily available.

Top Bottom